HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2004, 12:06 AM
Heli Whore
Waunakee, WI
Joined Jun 2003
156 Posts
Looking for an e-power 3Der...

I am looking for some suggestions on a good electric 3D airplane.

Problem is, due to the consternation of a gentleman who's property is adjacent to our club, glow powered aircraft can only fly tuesday, thursday, saturday and sunday 9:30am to 8:30pm. Electrics and gliders can fly M-F, dawn to dusk. This creates a problem for me, as it seems like it's raining every day I can fly, and it's nice and sunny and calm(or I'm at work) whenever I can't!!

I am a fairly competent pilot so the stability of the airplane isn't an issue but I want something that isn't restricted to indoor-only flying, I'd like it to be able to handle some wind if necessary. I have been looking at Todd's Models Attitude, and I've heard a lot good about it.

Any other suggestions?

Otherwise I was thinking that I could convert a GP U-Can-Do .46 to electric, as I will be finishing my (gasp!) glow one by next weekend.

Thanks.
fiveoboy01 is offline Find More Posts by fiveoboy01
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2004, 12:18 AM
Master of Nothing!!!
Orange county
Joined Nov 2002
511 Posts
Any of the Tim's foamy factory
planes are great to me. My Yak gets the most flight time of anything I own. I also have H9 US 40 w/os70 , maybe gets 2% of the Yak's flight hours. Not to compare apples to oranges. It just that my Yak is always in the car and I fly during lunch at work.

Say, where's Waunakee? Da wife is visiting her folks in Delafield right now. We got married in Waukesha.
ginsu1797 is offline Find More Posts by ginsu1797
Old May 10, 2004, 12:24 AM
Heli Whore
Waunakee, WI
Joined Jun 2003
156 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out!

Waunakee is about 15 minutes east/northeast of Madison.
fiveoboy01 is offline Find More Posts by fiveoboy01
Old May 10, 2004, 12:41 AM
Master of Nothing!!!
Orange county
Joined Nov 2002
511 Posts
Glad to help. Haven't seen Madison yet.

If your club has a paved runway you might lean toward the Extra 300, nice.
ginsu1797 is offline Find More Posts by ginsu1797
Old May 10, 2004, 03:56 AM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,867 Posts
I'd suggest Gary Wright's E3D. See www.gwmp.net

Gary practically invented affordable electric E3D with performance comparable to glow powered models.

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old May 10, 2004, 01:28 PM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
Mountain Models Tantrum, Aerolockmodels Miss June, Funplanes SX2, Todd's Models Attitude................The list goes on, but these are some of the ones I own, or have flown, or my friends fly; you can't go wrong with any of these planes. All are very good with an AXI, MEGA, HACKER, or RAZOR motor set up.
If you want to fly in wind go see Martin Hunter's thread in parkflyers about the Axi/Jitterbug flight; 20+ mph wind, and no problems!
Kevin
KDB@KAM is offline Find More Posts by KDB@KAM
Last edited by KDB@KAM; May 10, 2004 at 05:25 PM.
Old May 10, 2004, 03:09 PM
HyperFlight Support
United Kingdom, England, Stratford-upon-Avon
Joined Feb 2001
3,867 Posts
This guy is wanting a model that can handle wind, and is considering converting a .46 glow model - aren't larger models more likely to suit him?

BTW the Miss June isn't a Stevens Aero model.

Neil.
Neil Stainton is offline Find More Posts by Neil Stainton
Old May 10, 2004, 05:35 PM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
[QUOTE=fiveoboy01]I am looking for some suggestions on a good electric 3D airplane.

"I am a fairly competent pilot so the stability of the airplane isn't an issue but I want something that isn't restricted to indoor-only flying, I'd like it to be able to handle some wind if necessary. I have been looking at (Todd's Models Attitude), and I've heard a lot good about it."

Any other suggestions?

Otherwise I was thinking that I could convert a GP U-Can-Do .46 to electric, as I will be finishing my (gasp!) glow one by next weekend.

I think the planes I've mentioned do fit in with the size and flight characteristics very similar to the Attitude! They may not all be strong wind capable unless flown with some experience but they do fit the above mentioned criteria.

Kevin
Old May 10, 2004, 05:43 PM
Bethpage Grumman, New York, United States
Joined Nov 2002
2,145 Posts
You go kevin!
mike glass is offline Find More Posts by mike glass
Old May 10, 2004, 06:46 PM
3D Wannabe
Kamloops, B.C. CANADA
Joined Jul 2002
609 Posts
Mike,
Once I get yours then I can start including "HELL RAISER Bipe" by Horse Fly Hobbies as well!!!!

Kevin