HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
59 Posts
New Product
BREAKING NEWS: KP14e Super and Basic Released

Hi All

Keith is pleased to announce that the new KP14e Super and Basic versions are now available and deliveries will start in the next two weeks.

Please visit the website for further pictures and details. I have refreshed the look of the site so hopefully it will be working ok.

Cheers Andy

www.kp-designs.co.uk
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2013, 04:14 PM
Kungsangen, Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden, Upplands-Bro Municipality
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
FIRST!
Due to some serious mailbombing, the first Kp14 availlable goes to Sweden.
I got mail today, " Your bike was posted by international air mail yesterday"
I'm eagerly waiting. More details and pics as soon as I get my hands on it.
I have a really good feeling about this bike. This will be my ride for the Worlds 2014, a nice upgrade from the TT SB5 since 2 years. The old bat will be backup (I mean the TT bike, nothing else...)
z_dad is offline Find More Posts by z_dad
Last edited by z_dad; Nov 22, 2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 06:41 PM
DLAWW
Socal
Joined Dec 2005
766 Posts
Looks to be a great one!, also looks Jabberesque and I want one, good work Kp.
DLAWW is offline Find More Posts by DLAWW
Old Nov 23, 2013, 06:24 AM
Australia, QLD, Landsborough
Joined Aug 2012
92 Posts
It's a shame you can't work around previous models so they can be upgraded.
From KP11, 12, 13 and now 14 are all different and can't be upgraded. Piss poor really.
Would be better off buying a jabber, at least Edi thinks of his customers when making a new bike.
Way to go KP, you should get scaulfi back onboard. Lol
0i8u2 is offline Find More Posts by 0i8u2
Old Nov 23, 2013, 08:49 AM
Joined May 2011
26 Posts
I was lucky enough to see one of the first KP14's at the end of season GP at Cotswolds and I have to say Keith has done a great job with this bike.
The KP13 is the best bike i've driven,i own 11 bikes in total, and even though i'm yet to try a 14 it looks as good on track as it does on the pit table; I was marshalling the heat that had two 14's in it and both bikes looked to have great turning and a shed load of grip driving out of corners.
Family has been told I want cash only for xmas so hopefully should have my hands on one by January, roll on the 2014 season!!!!!

Mank
Mank01 is offline Find More Posts by Mank01
Old Nov 23, 2013, 02:38 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,643 Posts
I miss Scaulfi....
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Nov 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
Joined Nov 2013
87 Posts
I saw the new KP14's running at Hakifax and Aldershot. Really impressive. Really hope mine arrives soon
Jay59 is offline Find More Posts by Jay59
Old Nov 23, 2013, 04:07 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,420 Posts
Congratz on the new bike guys. Looks like a winner.
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Nov 23, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0i8u2 View Post
From KP11, 12, 13 and now 14 are all different and can't be upgraded. Piss poor really.
Would be better off buying a jabber, at least Edi thinks of his customers when making a new bike.
I also thought of upgrading but at that price, you couldn't save a lot really.
Jabber 2011 and Jabber 2013 does not upgrade, nor share many parts, so they are just as good, or bad, as KP in that respect.
KP14 however, is at a fraction of the Jabber price, unless they flood the market whith cheap 2011 replicas ofcourse...

EDIT
I know better now. The Jabbers are upgradable. Sorry about that
Last edited by z_dad; Nov 24, 2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: I was wrong.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 12:02 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0i8u2 View Post
Hey Bruce, KP is all about development, I can appreciate that. Replacement parts on the other hand is another story..but I feel KP is working hard to develop their bikes with the newest finding as soon as they can...that's good right?
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dragbikebam; Nov 24, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 03:14 AM
Joined Apr 2007
466 Posts
I have been using the KP14 for a few months now,and as you can see from the list of lap records at different tracks,here in the UK,on the Moto-5 site..it is working really well.....and with the fantastic price!!.....,is a very good replacement,and ,a better race ready package than the,now unfortunately discontinued SB-5.....

I have to say that the RC bike section,is very lucky to have so many great bikes,being designed and produced by so many really good people,Keith Plested,(KP),edi winter,clark,michele repetati,etc......

Roll on 2014!
symon is online now Find More Posts by symon
Old Nov 26, 2013, 12:07 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
subscribity
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Nov 26, 2013, 05:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
250 Posts
Monday afternoon my package arrived!
I've been assembling all parts and retightened all screws with light loctite. installed motor, esc, and servos. Everything fits perfectly!
The finish is not bright-and-shiny, rather rough-and-race. The parts have some toolmarks from manufacuring but is overall ok. I guess a glossy finish would go away soon anyway so the effort can be spared to shave a few £ from the sales price.
At first contact, I want to change a few things, don't worry, no big things at all.

First, the brake lever. It's too long and digs in the ground when crashing, thus ripping the cable crimp off.
- Easy fix, a new hole and some filing shortened the lever a few mm:s.
Second, scratchbar holders. I want the old scratchball type.
- Easy fix, mount holders for balls instead.
Third, bearing fittings. My experience tells me, all bearings that can move in their fittings, sooner or later rattle up play that cannot be resolved without changing the actual part they are fitted in.
- Easy prevention fix, I put a 10,5x0,3mm O-ring in the inside groove next to the flange of the bearing. Snug fit!
As I had the chassis split for servo mounting I slipped thin rubber hose on the lower four spacers to have the battery sit tight.
That's about it, except for some trimming to fit my servos!

The delivered ROADIES tires were PRO compound.
EDIT: I got mail from Keith, He apologizes for the mixup. The kit is supposed to contain SOFT compound ROADIES.
So, soft is to be the expected in delivery.
TT SB5 fairing fits but there are no posts to fix the bellypan. I must make my own lower part, like the narrow-mod many of us did for the SB5.

My good feeling for this bike is absolutely stronger, can't wait to give it a go.

There have been some discussions about the similarities between KP14 and Jabber.
Ofcourse they look very very much alike at first but beyond the basic design layout they differ for sure.
I counted 12 different carbon fibre parts on the Jabber 2011, KP 14 has 7. Jabber have comlex, printed plastic parts, KP use straight aluminium ones.
This shows a fundamentally different approach in the build.

Here are some measurments that reveal basic geometrical differences between the KP14 and the Jabber 2013:
Length of the rear swing: KP14 164mm(longest), Jabber 155mm.
Hight of hingepoint for rear swing, standing under load from complete bike: KP14 84mm, Jabber 2013 71mm.
Wheelbase: KP14 318mm(longest), Jabber 2013 315mm.
The Jabber measures were taken on an actual bike, trackside.
Last edited by z_dad; Nov 28, 2013 at 03:38 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2013
87 Posts
Great photo's. I see there are optional holes for front fork rake angle.
Jay59 is offline Find More Posts by Jay59
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:34 PM
Big thrills w/o hospital bills
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Sep 2003
3,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akura2 View Post
I miss Scaulfi....
I miss you too Jimmy. . (Work and other crap just gets in the way )
scaulfi is offline Find More Posts by scaulfi