HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 18, 2013, 01:34 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
530 Posts
Rant
So much for customer service

My Venom Gambler blew the speed controller early on and Venom replaced it. Then it blew another one and they said they would send me a new one when it came in, but the line was discontinued so it might be a while. They offered to sell me a brushless kit but I didn't want one. Over the past few months I've sent a few emails asking about the status of my speed controller and they have not replied to me at all. Real nice Venom. Next time you go cheap, make sure it is not with the electronic because now that I have seen good speed controllers at the track I know the ones in your brushed trucks are garbage and they definitely are not waterproof like the box said. No wonder my LHS stopped carrying everything of your except your batteries.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2013, 05:30 PM
Joined Aug 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
My Venom Gambler blew the speed controller early on and Venom replaced it. Then it blew another one and they said they would send me a new one when it came in, but the line was discontinued so it might be a while. They offered to sell me a brushless kit but I didn't want one. Over the past few months I've sent a few emails asking about the status of my speed controller and they have not replied to me at all. Real nice Venom. Next time you go cheap, make sure it is not with the electronic because now that I have seen good speed controllers at the track I know the ones in your brushed trucks are garbage and they definitely are not waterproof like the box said. No wonder my LHS stopped carrying everything of your except your batteries.
This is Jon from Atomik. I set up a new support case due to the fact your old case has been closed for little while now. I sent you a email explaining what happen, check your spam and junk mailbox. I have also put you on order for one of our new brushed ESC's. I apologize for the delay.
ATOMIKRC is offline Find More Posts by ATOMIKRC
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:50 PM
Joined Aug 2012
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOMIKRC View Post
This is Jon from Atomik. I set up a new support case due to the fact your old case has been closed for little while now. I sent you a email explaining what happen, check your spam and junk mailbox. I have also put you on order for one of our new brushed ESC's. I apologize for the delay.
Jon,

All emails received and as a programmer, I believe your system marks cases closed after a certain amount of time and filter them out. I wasn't expecting it, but I believe it. It will be really great to run my Gambler up against my son's again. It has been sitting too long.

I did pickup a VMX 450 motorcycle for him this summer and that is a great bike. I know there is a newer version, but the old one rocks. We posted a video of him driving it in the thread about it on RCGroups.

Thanks again for the reply. It makes me feel better about buying those Venom 3200 3s batts I use in my Apprentice S 15e.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:34 AM
Joined Aug 2012
530 Posts
New ESC Recieved

Jon,

The new ESC arrived and I have to say that the new one is so much better than the original ESCs that kept letting out the magic smoke. The board is completely encased and the case itself feels sturdy. I like it.

Thank you for your help!
RCG Plus Member