HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:01 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,529 Posts
Holy crap that's a serious toy! Gorgeous! Dwarfs the little Byron back there lol
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:53 AM
Newark, Ca
Joined Jun 2005
485 Posts
Greg not sure what brand lights they used, they came installed. They are bright and looks to be LED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt599 View Post
Yes, would love to see some video Which lighting system did you use? I purchased one from HK awhile back, I have played with it some and it seems ok. If I go with it I will need to order another set to get the correct amount of lights for the 16. Greg
imacswd is offline Find More Posts by imacswd
Old Jul 12, 2014, 12:39 PM
Newark, Ca
Joined Jun 2005
485 Posts
Did a little Comparison checking on the wings. Airfoils are pretty much dead on other than the scale difference, I have a feeling they are going to very close in the air other than one is 1/8 scale EDF and the other a 1/6 scale turbine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
Holy crap that's a serious toy! Gorgeous! Dwarfs the little Byron back there lol
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM
Newark, Ca
Joined Jun 2005
485 Posts
Did some adjusting this week on the CG Balance. Moved the EDF 3 1/2 inches back to the first former. Now the nose is nice and light or until the 5000 packs are installed. I think I may need to add about an ounce to the tail to get this in the sweet spot.

Greg if your reading this that is why I mentioned your EDF location on yours has to be pretty close to perfect.

Also just a heads up, I found 2 air leaks in my retract system. They were both from the airline T's I used nothing huge but very annoying air bleed. Found the leaks using window cleaner, the 2 airline T's were bubbling near the center support. Everything is hold great now.
Old Yesterday, 03:18 PM
KingtechUSA
Tampa FL
Joined Apr 2009
2,819 Posts
imacswd
Your going to love the bigger JL F16. Sean and I have the BVM F16s (same plane as the JL) and love them. They have such a light wing loading and are great for formation flying

What turbine are you going to use?

BTW great job on the old byron F16. Its a good flyer. Just a little draggy for EDF so you dont get much flight time. Looking forward to your flight report awesome work!
gunradd is offline Find More Posts by gunradd
Old Yesterday, 05:50 PM
Newark, Ca
Joined Jun 2005
485 Posts
WOW, Great pick and love those 16's. My JL is Gen 2 and came from Global Jet. I bought it from a modeler that just received it from GJ and it was still in the bubble Wrap & Shipping Box. Came pretty much done, there were a couple of things that I was not happy with the Elevator gear play in the Servos. I upgraded the Elevator Servos with Futaba BLS177SV HV Servos. 500+ Torq ounce servo and tighter gears.

http://www.gpdealera.com/cgi-bin/wga...pgm?I=FUTM0141

Also, on the control rod they installed a threaded Allen I think it was a #4 metric, replaced those with a #4 shoulder screw. On Helis sometimes those threaded screws sheer under load.

Could not get the breaks to work. I ended up isolating the break system with it's own tank and New breaking valve. Breaks are working great, I'm able with the new Valve apply the breaking as little or as much as I need. Just uses a lot of air and the resioning of sepperating the Break from the Retract system.

I'm working on the Turbine at this point. It came with a JL/Spark T18 Turbine and can't seem to get it to fire last weekend. Have a post to GJ Asia regarding the programming on the Turbine to make sure I have the settings correct, have not had much luck at this point. I have gone through everything on this F16 and am very impressed with the build and craftsman ship on this jet, very strong and detail work is pretty nice.

I will get the turbine working just have to be patient, I'm really close to having this ready for it's maiden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunradd View Post
imacswd
Your going to love the bigger JL F16. Sean and I have the BVM F16s (same plane as the JL) and love them. They have such a light wing loading and are great for formation flying

What turbine are you going to use?

BTW great job on the old byron F16. Its a good flyer. Just a little draggy for EDF so you dont get much flight time. Looking forward to your flight report awesome work!
Last edited by imacswd; Yesterday at 06:50 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM
Newark, Ca
Joined Jun 2005
485 Posts
Oh Ya, I also wanted to mention that those Capacitors I picked up from Radio Shack are working Great. Full power, no rpm differences "Solid" and after the run they are cool to the touch.
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
26,097 Posts
"Looks" like the same caps Castle uses, they just use more of them.... Castle does say to install them right by the ESC....but, I would think they would work just as well that way... Is your ESC mounted inside the fan housing?

SteveT.
SteveT. is offline Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...