HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 20, 2013, 02:54 PM
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpodder View Post
It's about time Futaba started to rule and support DLG instead of JR getting all the glory
Oh boy, someone wants to start the Rainbow Coalition wars again.
jtlsf5 is offline Find More Posts by jtlsf5
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2013, 05:05 PM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins View Post
I'm still not sure exactly what gets me into programming mode.. I just keep hitting buttons til the right screen comes up....
The radio came with this thing called "The Manual". It contains all kinds of interesting information, like how to use the whiz-wheel, etc. I know that as men we are adverse to such mundane information, but there are time that it is OK to RTFM!!!!!!
Silent-AV8R is offline Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R
Old May 20, 2013, 05:37 PM
United States, VA, Falls Church
Joined Mar 2007
1,335 Posts
I didn't get anybody named "Manuel" to help me program my radio. But if he's a whiz like you say, ya got his number?
Daryl Perkins is offline Find More Posts by Daryl Perkins
Old Dec 08, 2013, 07:47 PM
Joined Mar 2007
1,335 Posts
Well, it's been snowing today. I haven't been able to fly for about a month or so. I've been meaning to spend some time with the 18MZ optimizing one of my programs. Put my Sploder X2 3.8 on the floor in front of the fireplace, copied my good program as a starting point, and started tweaking.

Elevator to camber is so easy to optimize. Not sure why I waited so long to learn how to use it.

I'm now utilizing 8 optimized flight conditions. Launch, zoom reflex, reflex, cruise, float, thermal, landing, and kapow.

Don't know when the weather will be good enough to fly it, but I can't wait.

Gonna put the Vixen together and do some tweaking next.

Thanks Futaba!
Old Dec 09, 2013, 06:52 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
981 Posts
kapow.... lol

Care to explain?

/Jonas Ekman
oakman7004 is online now Find More Posts by oakman7004
Old Dec 09, 2013, 09:21 AM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Feb 2011
80 Posts
Kapow

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...w#post24798376

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman7004 View Post
kapow.... lol

Care to explain?

/Jonas Ekman
Kwanyinn is offline Find More Posts by Kwanyinn
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,335 Posts
Hi Jonas,

Kapow doesn't really need to be a separate flight condition. I had one left, so I'm using it. It was easier to set up that way. If I decide I need another flight condition (If I still flew B, I might - but then Kapow isn't necessary), I'll program kapow mix another way.

Right now, I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with, and a minimum of thinking required to make it all happen. It needs to be intuitive for me... (I've been flying too long to learn new switches). I'm still only using 2 switches - 1 - 2 position switch on the upper left side, and 1 - 3 position switch. Float and thermal mode are activated by different positions on the side slider. Landing mode is on the flap stick, and kapow is initiated by extreme down stick in any of the flight conditions except either reflex or launch.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 08:36 AM
Joined Jan 2003
859 Posts
I think he meant "what is KAPOW"...

See this post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=73

Jim
jimsoars is offline Find More Posts by jimsoars
Old Jan 04, 2014, 10:47 AM
Joined Mar 2007
1,335 Posts
Telemetry rocks! Got my altimeter and vario sensor yesterday. Too cold to play with it today, but got one installed and switches programmed so the radio will talk to me and I don't have to look at the screen. I know most of you guys are already playing with this stuff, and it's been available through Futaba for quite some time, but it's new to me. Can't wait to calibrate my eyeball...