Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:56 PM
Pollock Pines, CA
Joined Aug 2002
1,518 Posts
Birger, you sound like you are related to "Murphy" too!!!!

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdelapen View Post
So it turns out that despite all my prototyping efforts I didn't quite get everything right on the design of the PCB. Found out that the Electrifly 7A Brushed ESCs I'm using to drive the LED lights are designed with common positive and not common ground as I assumed. I designed the output circuit with common ground so that did not work out. For that reason I had to swap positive and ground on the output side of the circuit, not a big deal but it results on a mislabeled pin on the PCB, what is labeled as - (negative / ground) is now actually + (positive / 12V) as you can see in the attached picture.

One more small mistake I came across is the library component I used for the trimmer pots is actually backwards from the trimmer pots that I have so this results in counter clockwise adjustment as opposed to clockwise adjustment (i.e. the opposite of the way I show them in the video).

All this notwithstanding the module is assembled, tested and ready to ship. Send me a PM with your address J and I will send it out to you.

Regards,

- Birger
Dmerino is offline Find More Posts by Dmerino
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2014, 09:52 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Allrighty J, here is what I put together.

Let me know if it has enough detail or if you need more.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2014, 11:08 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,060 Posts
That should work great Birger. Thanks! I think I will use it on the upcoming big Rafale when GGRN and I build one together. Thanks for all the help my friend.

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old May 05, 2014, 11:34 AM
Sponsored by Team de la Peņa
Miramar, FL
Joined Aug 2008
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Morgan View Post
That should work great Birger. Thanks! I think I will use it on the upcoming big Rafale when GGRN and I build one together. Thanks for all the help my friend.

J
Use this for the F-16, that's what I put it together for. I'm (slowly) working on a new unit for dual turbine models (single module as opposed to two like Ace has). I'll send you one of those when the time comes.

- Birger
bdelapen is offline Find More Posts by bdelapen
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2014, 12:18 PM
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined May 2007
959 Posts
I forgot to ask after SEFF... did the big F-16 make it in the air at all?
wilmracer is offline Find More Posts by wilmracer
Old May 05, 2014, 12:46 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,060 Posts
OK Birger,
Will do when I get her back on the bench. I still have a little paint touchup to do so I will change it then.

WR,
No, I took it down to SEFF but it never even left the trailer. She's going to Vegas and if Hans goes again he will be flying it.

J
RCG Plus Member
Old May 23, 2014, 05:09 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acesimmer View Post
Hey John. I did not realize that I had captured the entire flight for the 16. Just missing the actual impact that may be best not to relive. Currently loading so may be a few minutes but here is the link.

I was just wondering that after Germanizing the TX to mode one for Hans that something got messed up. Hans did do a preflight check with me so it was all okay prior to lift off.

http://youtu.be/rT3MCZnKcRU
I saw the comments on this F-16 foamy and I don't think speed was an issue. It was carrying speed when it was nose down. I'm inclined to think mechanical issue with servo / connector / torque power or something. But it had enough "speed" to pull out of what it was doing. My 2cents. (I'm a 30 year RC pilot experience)

Glad to see the fix.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old May 23, 2014, 07:08 PM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev71H View Post
I saw the comments on this F-16 foamy and I don't think speed was an issue. It was carrying speed when it was nose down. I'm inclined to think mechanical issue with servo / connector / torque power or something. But it had enough "speed" to pull out of what it was doing. My 2cents. (I'm a 30 year RC pilot experience)

Glad to see the fix.
No. We documented the problem a way back in the thread. It was because I slaved a channel for the AB lights and forgot that when I swapped channels for Hans to fly his mode. All my fault.
Here is the video explaining what happened.

F-16 M(MORGAN)TSB Crash Report (2 min 15 sec)

J
RCG Plus Member