Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:05 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheChe156 View Post
Hello all,
I am seting up a YS-X4 and it wont arm. I am not sure about the "Parameter Define" as
they are all '0'.
can someone help with this?
I am not sure if you are talking about Customzed Paramters for your motor mix or the Parameter setup.

The Customized parameters is only used if you are setting up your own motor mix. Leave this alone and set the Aircraft type only in Parameter Setup.

If you look at Parameter setup, and all the numbers are 0 then you must press the "Get" tab to get the parameters from the YS-X4. Once you have changed them you have to send them back to the YS-X4.

If you used the Install Guide to setup your system?

Edit: I see you have got it working
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Dec 09, 2012 at 04:07 AM. Reason: Info not required anymore
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
Bermuda
Joined Feb 2002
71 Posts
Thanks Robone'. My throttle calibration was not done correctly, so it wouldn't arm.
CheChe156 is offline Find More Posts by CheChe156
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:06 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Hello again.
I hope somebody can help me. I have problem with the Wifi unit. I have a D-Link router and it is something wrong between my android pad and the YS-X6 Wifi unit. The GCS says communication Disconnected and I donīt understand why. I bougt a new router, a new pad and a get the same information, communication Disconneted.

I got it work together a short time with my PC and the GCS program, but not anymore. I'm lost. Please give me a hint to solve what I have done wrong.
Best regards
Lars Dahlstrom
Dreidekker is offline Find More Posts by Dreidekker
Old Dec 09, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Have you all seen the the ZeroUAV promotion for Christmas and New Year. http://www.zerouav.net/newsmore.aspx?id=110

There are some good offers there.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreidekker View Post
Hello again.
I hope somebody can help me. I have problem with the Wifi unit. I have a D-Link router and it is something wrong between my android pad and the YS-X6 Wifi unit. The GCS says communication Disconnected and I donīt understand why. I bougt a new router, a new pad and a get the same information, communication Disconneted.

I got it work together a short time with my PC and the GCS program, but not anymore. I'm lost. Please give me a hint to solve what I have done wrong.
Best regards
Lars Dahlstrom
Have you tried setting up the router as a hotspot and connecting directly to the wifi module?
Sometimes I have found certain routers just do not work. don't ask me why. I think it is someway that they set up the security on the router. That is why I always use the TP-Link router which always seems to work.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Hello,
No, I haven't. Something is suspect here, because I got it working for a while, but then it didn't. The blue LED is on.
Hotspot... I have to find out how it works. Maybe I will buy me another router tomorrow, a TP-link. I donīt know. I don't think it is any fault on my D-Link router. Any more suggest?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:58 AM
Finland
Joined Apr 2007
212 Posts
I relocated the IMU into the top of the MC and it seems to fly much better now. Great! Now...my PC GCS will not show me the map eventhough I have internet access. How can I get the map?

TP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
I am not saying it wont work, but a number of people I know who did that, had problems with interference. It is a better policy to locate the IMU above the MC

Cheers
Rob
Tuomas P. is offline Find More Posts by Tuomas P.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:03 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomas P. View Post
I relocated the IMU into the top of the MC and it seems to fly much better now. Great! Now...my PC GCS will not show me the map eventhough I have internet access. How can I get the map?

TP.
Try this one:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2380926/YSwifi20121115.rar
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:24 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
275 Posts
Quote:
Have you all seen the the ZeroUAV promotion for Christmas and New Year. http://www.zerouav.net/newsmore.aspx?id=110

There are some good offers there.
Nice goodies, but can you give us some clarification: I try to get a 10 waypoints upgrade for my YS-X6 unit but got a message from Vivien saying I needed to also have an YS-X4 to be eligible?

It's like I read "OR" when ZeroUav is reading "AND".

2. YS-X6 & ZERO-Steadi470 Owners if buy YS-X4 WIFI Version, can upgrade
to Navigator Version for FREE of charge. Meanwhile, can get FREE 10
waypoints activation on its owned YS-X6 & ZERO-Steadi470 by providing
serial number and related information.
7. All buyers if buy YS-X6 Basic (4 waypoints version), can get 10 waypoints
activition for FREE of charge

Thanks for your help,

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:31 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlebret View Post
Nice goodies, but can you give us some clarification: I try to get a 10 waypoints upgrade for my YS-X6 unit but got a message from Vivien saying I needed to also have an YS-X4 to be eligible?

It's like I read "OR" when ZeroUav is reading "AND".

2. YS-X6 & ZERO-Steadi470 Owners if buy YS-X4 WIFI Version, can upgrade
to Navigator Version for FREE of charge. Meanwhile, can get FREE 10
waypoints activation on its owned YS-X6 & ZERO-Steadi470 by providing
serial number and related information.
7. All buyers if buy YS-X6 Basic (4 waypoints version), can get 10 waypoints
activition for FREE of charge

Thanks for your help,

Marc
When did you buy your YS-X6, because that will determine if you can get the upgrade under item 7. If it was after 6 dec then you should be able to get it. Under item 2, you can only get that upgrade if you buy a YS-X4 wifi version
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Have you tried setting up the router as a hotspot and connecting directly to the wifi module?
Sometimes I have found certain routers just do not work. don't ask me why. I think it is someway that they set up the security on the router. That is why I always use the TP-Link router which always seems to work.
Hi,
I bought a TP-link and now it works fine. Just trying to learn about the system.
Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
France, Bretagne, Combrit
Joined Mar 2005
275 Posts
Quote:
When did you buy your YS-X6, because that will determine if you can get the upgrade under item 7. If it was after 6 dec then you should be able to get it. Under item 2, you can only get that upgrade if you buy a YS-X4 wifi version
No free upgrade for me, if the free upgrade is only for items purchased from dec 6 to january 5. I have a second hand YS-X6 (may 2012), and understood that promo was for YS-X6 owners without date of purchase restriction but only date of request limit (Christmas gift for happy old users...).

Thanks

Marc
mlebret is offline Find More Posts by mlebret
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Dec 2012
14 Posts
Hi,
Things starts up to work step by step, but I can't get the Google earth running in the GCS properly. I have some problems both with my PC and with my android pad. I think I have the latest version on both devices.
On the pad it reads "loading map" but it is not loading. What am I doing wrong? On the PC it gets stuck when I click on "locate airplane"
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtech View Post
Here are the 3DR (ground) to wifi module diagrams...
Hi Amtech

If you do not want to use the wifi module, can you just connect the USB connection to the PC?

I now have all the parts and will begin wiring up over the next few days. I am thinking for the Ground side, I will 1st test using the usb connection and then wire up the wifi module.

Cheers
Rob
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined May 2012
120 Posts
About PC GCS Map

Originally Posted by Tuomas P.

TP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreidekker View Post
Hi,
Things starts up to work step by step, but I can't get the Google earth running in the GCS properly. I have some problems both with my PC and with my android pad. I think I have the latest version on both devices.
On the pad it reads "loading map" but it is not loading. What am I doing wrong? On the PC it gets stuck when I click on "locate airplane"
Have a try referring to the instruction, maybe it helps.
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Zero UAV; Dec 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM.