HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:25 PM
pilot for microsoft flight sim
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
Need help regarding syma s33 transmitter

good day to all of you
i hope you guys can help me out. I got a S33 helicopter from a thrift store, problem is i got only the helicopter and no transmitter. I contacted symatoystore.com and tried ordering the transmitter but they need to know what color shows up from the transmitter when its turned on. no local store for syma here so i cant check with them. there's one guy selling me a transmitter from a syma f3 helicopter. Will that work? what are the colors of the transmitters from your s33?
dexterlee is offline Find More Posts by dexterlee
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2014, 11:54 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
Where are you?

As far as I know only the S33 Tx will work with the S33. there are several venders that sell the S33 Tx.

Here's one Vender that sell's Syma replacement parts.

http://www.xheli.com/s33parts.html

Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the S33 Replacement Tx.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Mar 10, 2014, 05:47 AM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Thanks for the reply jim. Im new to these stuff so please be patient with me. Will check with that website. Im from the philippines
Old Mar 10, 2014, 01:44 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
dexterlee, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about being new to Coaxial Heli's, Everyone was a "newbe" at one time. I don't know if xheli ships to your location or not, but if they do, the shipping charge could be more than the original price of the Tx.

Hope you are able to find a replacement Tx for your S33.

J
Old Mar 11, 2014, 01:00 PM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
thanks jim. I contacted xheli.com and they do ship to the philippines but shipping cost is way over my budget (almost 75$) might as well get a brand new one locally if thats the case. There are other websites that has the tx available and they are based in Hongkong so shipping will be cheaper. I emailed them and here is our conversation:

me: Good day. I bought a syma s33 helicopter from a thrift store. It did not come with a transmitter. Are all the transmitter available for the s33 the same? I'm interested to order one.

symatoystore.com: We have several version of S33-Transmitter. Please tell us the light color of your transmitter when you turn on the transmitter. There are three color of the transmitter, yellow, blue, orange Thanks.

These made me confused since i contacted another vendor (www.syma-rc-helicopter-parts.com) and told them my problem and they said that all s33 tx are the same. They are not asking me for the color or anything.

hopefully i can get this sorted out before making an order since if it does not work it will be hard for me to return it overseas.

do you know anyone who owns an s33 that can tell the color from there tx and are they all the same?

also the guy i mentioned before who has an f3 tx just gave it to me. when turned on, a blue light shows up. It did not worked with my s33 though

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 04:31 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
dexterlee,

My S33 Tx blinks Red when turned on and then goes solid red when it's linked to the S33 Heli. Here's some photo's of my S33 Tx and S33 heli. The Canopy on the Heli says it's a S33G, which is correct, but it's on a S33 Chassis. I have three of the S33 heli's and I can operate any one of them with the same tx.

I don't understand the three different colors, that they are talking about. The Heli does flash three different colors and I've caught two colors on the photo's that I'm sending you, as well as photo's of the tx when it's linking up to the heli and also after it's linked. When the S33 tx is linking up with the S33 heli, it blinks red, after it links up it goes solid red. Hope this helps.

J
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:34 PM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Jim Lee

Thanks, that's very helpful. The canopy from mine says S33 so i guess its the same with yours as you've said. Let me go ahead and order one from the vendor from Hongkong and see what happens from there. I guess the vendor of the tx got there stocks mixed up so they are asking for the color of the tx hehehe I will do the modifications after i get the heli flying as i've read from other threads here that it needs a couple of modifications. Will update once i got the tx probably a week from now thanks again for the big help!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 04:35 PM
Flying at North Edward's
United States, CA, North Edwards
Joined Jun 2010
83 Posts
dexterlee,
I'm with Jim, so does mine (binds red), I use the same transmitter for my S031g Conversion to 2.4ghz. I think all the Syma 3 channel radios are the same...
Kevin
kgoodone is online now Find More Posts by kgoodone
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Kgoodone
Thank you. I will inform the vendor that i need the tx with the red light. Hopefully it gets here sooner as im really interested to fly this heli. Funny story is that i got the heli for only 10$ from the thrift store and the tx coming from hongkong will cost me 18$ hahaha
Old Mar 13, 2014, 01:30 AM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
dexterlee,

That's still a good price, if the heli works. A new one would cost between $50.00 to $60.00 US dollars, plus shipping charges in most cases.

J
Old Mar 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
jim lee

got it at a good price indeed. crossing my fingers now that it will work once the tx gets here. already contacted the vendor and here is there reply:

symahelicopter.us: Please offer us the light color of S33 Transmitter when it turn on. Thanks.

me: its red thanks

i've charged the s33 heli last night and checked the pc board and wirings and stuff. all seems to be in good condition. it turned on and got the flashy lights as well. now i just have to wait for the tx to arrive thanks for the big help! will update you and post some pics as well
Old Mar 13, 2014, 05:05 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
dexterlee,

Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the S33, Hope it all goes well.

J
Old Apr 20, 2014, 08:02 AM
Joined Mar 2014
9 Posts
Good day guys
just got the tx finally and it works great thank you for all of your help JIM LEE and KGOODONE. Also found a local distributor for parts such as blades and gears so i think i'm going to be fine now constructing a training gear thank you again for all the help!
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:45 AM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
992 Posts
dexterlee,

Glad we could help. Wish you the best of luck with the S33.

One thing I might caution you about is the short range of these heli's, My S33 only has about a 120' range, you might have a bit more, or less, but don't try to fly it too far away.

J
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:11 PM
Flying at North Edward's
United States, CA, North Edwards
Joined Jun 2010
83 Posts
:d
kgoodone is online now Find More Posts by kgoodone