New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2015, 10:10 AM
Find More Posts by wings515
Joined Sep 2006
49 Posts
Discussion
Hobby King Fault

I just got off the chat line with Hobby King asking why the shipping charges for their 6 channel stabilized Rx selling for $24.99 cost over $50 shipping from their International center. The agent dropped the chat without even giving a standard answer.
I was inquiring because they are out of stock in both US supply centers.

First why is it $50 shipping when the item weighs 19 grams and second why treat your customer so rudely?

I have purchased other items from HK and never had this shipping cost added to an item.

Anyone else have this kind of reaction from HK?
Regards,
wings515 is online now Find More Posts by wings515
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2015, 10:15 AM
Find More Posts by freechip
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
26,233 Posts
Yes and why I don't buy from them anymore......

They had sent me the completely wrong item and what they wanted me to do was buy it at a reduce priced instead of shipping it back at their cost..... I ended up filling Paypal claim in which I got my money back for the original order because Paypal couldn't get good communication with them.....

I got my money back but got stuck with items I couldn't used, ended up giving them to someone who could... Now I do business locally...
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old May 13, 2015, 11:05 AM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
10,072 Posts
I just checked and got a $3.99 quote shipping to the US via International (Traceable) Air Mail Hong Kong Post 0g - 100g or International (Registered) Air Mail 0 - 100g.

It might be a bit more helpful if you list your location so we know where to is the shipping charge over $50.

Note that when taken to the shipping page you have more than one option. Usually the first one is selected by default which in my case was HKPost EMS to USA $51.52. You can change the selection from the radio buttons in front of the different shipping options.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc
Old May 14, 2015, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by Tony Hallo
Springdale, PA
Joined Mar 2008
75 Posts
Hobby King has always resolved my problems, it sometime takes time but that's the price I am willing to pay for lower cost.
Tony Hallo is offline Find More Posts by Tony Hallo
Last edited by Tony Hallo; May 15, 2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 14, 2015, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by FPVeeBoy
Joined May 2015
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Hallo View Post
Hobby King has always resolved my problems, it sometime takes time but that the price I am willing to pay for lower cost.
...agreed, I've placed many orders with HK and had my fair share of problems with them over the years but they have always resolved the issues in the end (yes it may take some time but they are cheap so pro's outweigh the con's for me).
FPVeeBoy is offline Find More Posts by FPVeeBoy
Old May 14, 2015, 01:51 PM
Find More Posts by wings515
Joined Sep 2006
49 Posts
I had login problem also and gave their chat line another try. This time all my problems were resolved and when I went to order the Rx I did find the $3.99 International shipping option. There must have been something amiss on my end because I was unable to receive the email for re-setting my password. This also screwed up the ability to alter my profile.

All is good now. I have purchased other items from HK and was very satisfied. I'll see what this latest order provides.
Regards,
wings515 is online now Find More Posts by wings515