HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 23, 2015, 08:15 PM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,265 Posts
Discussion
Parts is Parts

OK I am building a Blades 550x pro. I would like to order some parts to have on hand when I do nose dive it. That way I can have them before I need them.

I was thinking of having these on hand.

blade spindle
main shaft
main gear
auto gear
torque tube
torque tube gears if separate
tail boom
tail shaft
tail hub

This sound about right or are there other pats in an average crash? I am not a 3D super duper guy, just starting again and will be doing rolls, loops, stall turns and circuits.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is online now Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Last edited by blvdbuzzard; Mar 23, 2015 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2015, 04:07 AM
Joined Sep 2013
305 Posts
Dont forget the Main Blades themselves
Othewise you have all the normal parts crash list covered
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Mar 24, 2015, 05:02 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,790 Posts
Personally i just buy them if a crash happens. First crashing isnt as inevitable as some would have to believe and second it's hard to predict what you will damage. Chances are you will end up having to order something extra anyway even if its just something very minor it still means you end up waiting for the part to arrive so you dont really gain much by having the bits in stock.. Inevitably when you buy crash parts you end up with lots if not most that you never use, which is just money down the drain.

Exception would be if the parts were an sale very cheap and/or if they are discontinued and you think they may be hard to obtain in the future.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:02 AM
The high desert of Southern California
Joined Jul 2002
1,265 Posts
Yes mine is the later, the Blade 550x is no more production, but parts are still plentiful at present.

I flew for a long time without crashing. Had a lot of fun. This is my first helicopter since 2005. The rest have been hanging on the wall. So thought I would use the 550x to get back at it and see how the new tech is doing.

Thanks.

Buzz.
blvdbuzzard is online now Find More Posts by blvdbuzzard
Last edited by blvdbuzzard; Mar 24, 2015 at 01:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 24, 2015, 12:14 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
10,511 Posts
I think parts you listed would be good to have. JIf you don't need them thats even better. That means no crashing.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04