Find More Posts by EJETS-II
TeamSiam
Graz
Joined May 2007
403 Posts
V1 - v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Having just done a couple of searches on this thread v2 first mentioned Dec 2011 first mention of Collet is Sept 2012 my point was the lack of collet does not indicate V1 the carbon motor plate does. The blade material is not a visible guide you would need both to feel which is stiffer.
Hello my friends,

Am still at my Eastern Hollidays for a day, but will try to explain.

The very first edition of our fans weren't called V1 at the start of the production.
We just started with the Jetfan-90 and had:
Carbon fibre outer shroud as is, and a carbon tube with milled motor mout from carbon. Just the stator blades were from injetion molded plastics.
The rotor had an screwed adapter with a 5mm H7 bore and we used a PA 6.6 30% fiber material for the injection molding off all plastik parts.

Then we found that our blades may twist and so we started to switch to a much stiffer material with 50% fibers.
Thats the material we are still using at the rotor blades.
At the same time we realized that we couldn't longer have the extra stator blades and inner carbon tube because of the big effort to complete them to a perfect shroud. So we made the inner stator kernel from the same material we used for the rotor blades.
That's the version we are still using and was named V2 and started in December 2011.

In Februar 2012 we switched from the 3 screw adapter to the chuck collet type like they are still now.

Means:
From Februar 2012, the V2 is still the same. (we tried to lose weight at the rotors by making slimmer aluminium parts, so in the meantime every year the weight of the rotor wents down a bit ).
This gives again 1-2% win at the performance, but that's just 1-2 Amps at 100A.

And you are able to upgrade your older fan system by a newer rotor.
The switch to use a complete injection molded inner stator kernel has no influence to the fan itself, just we are able to produce bigger quantities.

Hope we could help,

BR Rainer
EJETS-II is offline Find More Posts by EJETS-II
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:50 AM
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJETS-II View Post
Hello my friends,

Am still at my Eastern Hollidays for a day, but will try to explain.

The very first edition of our fans weren't called V1 at the start of the production.
We just started with the Jetfan-90 and had:
Carbon fibre outer shroud as is, and a carbon tube with milled motor mout from carbon. Just the stator blades were from injetion molded plastics.
The rotor had an screwed adapter with a 5mm H7 bore and we used a PA 6.6 30% fiber material for the injection molding off all plastik parts.

Then we found that our blades may twist and so we started to switch to a much stiffer material with 50% fibers.
Thats the material we are still using at the rotor blades.
At the same time we realized that we couldn't longer have the extra stator blades and inner carbon tube because of the big effort to complete them to a perfect shroud. So we made the inner stator kernel from the same material we used for the rotor blades.
That's the version we are still using and was named V2 and started in December 2011.

In Februar 2012 we switched from the 3 screw adapter to the chuck collet type like they are still now.

Means:
From Februar 2012, the V2 is still the same. (we tried to lose weight at the rotors by making slimmer aluminium parts, so in the meantime every year the weight of the rotor wents down a bit ).
This gives again 1-2% win at the performance, but that's just 1-2 Amps at 100A.

And you are able to upgrade your older fan system by a newer rotor.
The switch to use a complete injection molded inner stator kernel has no influence to the fan itself, just we are able to produce bigger quantities.

Hope we could help,

BR Rainer
That sound exactly how I remember it my fan was in the the first batch of V2 i believe. All I was trying to clarify as another member had asked is the best way to tell V1 from V2 and the only way to tell visibly to explain to somebody is the Carbon motor mount. I knew the collet was not A perfect tell as my V2 had set screws.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Apr 07, 2015, 08:09 AM
Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
6,620 Posts
Now that you mention it, I got my first fan (V-2) from Mike Warren , B-4 Gary started to carry them,and it had the older adapter-- but Mike switched it out for m with the newer collet style rotor.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Apr 07, 2015, 05:52 PM
Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,863 Posts
Rainer was pretty clear on it being primarily the blade change. At the same time they updated the housing construction by injection molding the centre section in one piece due to order volume increases and the slow production of the older style centre. The collet then came due to shaft diameter inconsistencies and the need for a precision fit to majority of motor shafts. The collet was done well, really well, in its current guise it is one of the easiest rotors to get running smooth, and its performance is right up there too. As for checking, try bending the end of the new blades! If you cannot bend it its V2, they are so stiff its incredible.
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,405 Posts
This is the statement I was trying to correct. I wouldn't want to tell somebody to see if they can flex the blades to tell the version type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post

For those unaware of the difference between the 90mm V1 and V2.....
The V1 used a set screw type shaft adaptor, and has been out of production for a couple years and was superceeded by the V2

The V-2 uses a 4 chuck collet and is very concentric, making final balance after assy very simple.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Apr 07, 2015, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,365 Posts
I was unaware of the rotor material change from the V-1, as well as the stator/kernal change, since I've only carried the V-2, and all mine always had the collet design I was under the impresson all V-2's had the collet. All my perfomance data sheets are V-2 as well.

My apoloiges for the inaccuracy.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
Old May 02, 2015, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by Corelli
United States, NM, Farmington
Joined Jun 2008
846 Posts
Does anyone know of a 42mm 1650-1700KV outrunner motor for this fan? Thanks
Corelli is online now Find More Posts by Corelli
Old May 03, 2015, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corelli View Post
Does anyone know of a 42mm 1650-1700KV outrunner motor for this fan? Thanks
Not sure why you'd want an out runner. Most good quality runners are better balanced, have plenty of torque and are far quieter.
In the KV range that you are asking for, the HET 700-68-1680 is right there.
See the charts for the HET 700-68-1680 motor for 6s and 8s.
It's a bit low on power for 6s, And considered a " hot" motor for 8s. You might want to choose another kv (like the 700-60-1865 for 6s...OR the 700-68-1500 for 8s) for something "middle of the road, amp wise (85-90A... on the bench....100A in the jet)

The video is a bad hat can video of the second flight of a9+lb F-15. (f heavily loaded with full gear doors, lights, afterburner, scale alum struts, etc.
This is with the Jetfan 90 and the HET 700-68-1500 motor on 8s. (2x Revolectrix 4s, 60c, 5000's)

Freewing F 16 8s 90mm Jetfan (6 min 37 sec)
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Last edited by efflux RC; May 03, 2015 at 04:32 PM.