New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2015, 10:03 AM
Find More Posts by 7car7
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,277 Posts
That Sears ad is very very odd. Classic ESL issues I'd say. (English as a Second Language).

We've all seen the messed up language issues on ebay or elsewhere, but it was shocking to see it on Sears. However, the fact that they have the right picture, I'd probably take a good guess and say it's the real deal.

VERY good price. I bought mine several years ago, as did most here, for, what, 50 something?
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2015, 01:18 PM
Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7car7 View Post
That Sears ad is very very odd. Classic ESL issues I'd say. (English as a Second Language).

We've all seen the messed up language issues on ebay or elsewhere, but it was shocking to see it on Sears. However, the fact that they have the right picture, I'd probably take a good guess and say it's the real deal.

VERY good price. I bought mine several years ago, as did most here, for, what, 50 something?
Yea mine was around $50 as well.
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Mar 03, 2015, 03:34 PM
Find More Posts by madbugger
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7car7 View Post
I found a solution to a problem I've had for a while with my setup. Madbugger, this is especially for you!

So, I realized (like Madbugger and probably others here had suggested) that I needed a higher rated battery,
Well, it just takes some of us a bit longer to recognise the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk989 View Post
Also you don't have to buy such high C ratings to deliver the required amps, and you get longer runtimes than a 1300.
At the risk of 'teaching my granny to suck eggs' Chris, as Fire says the 'C' rating is tied to the capacity so a bigger battery will give the amps you need without needing to invest in the very high$ 'C' ratings. Although having had the expense of the Magnum crash and having just shelled out for 40C Lipos I don't expect any more batteries are top of your list of things to buy right now .

Quote:
Hmm, maybe it has something to do with how your other components are arranged. I use mine almost exclusively in creeks and rivers and have no qualms with how it handles with the batt in front of the motor.
With you on that Fire. That's the place to put it. Unless you find a battery (or preferably two in parallel) which together with your ancillaries can be spaced on each side as far back as possible alongside the motor/waterjet combo. That can also work.

Quote:
Strange that yours won't turn well. Perhaps because it's lighter with the smaller batts? Mine handles great on the lake too
I was thinking the same thing. After all Chris, unless you have found some incredibly light 1300s and had very heavy 2200s the difference on weight shouldn't make more than 1/8inch difference in the waterline, if that. That deeper hull immersion might make for better handling and also stop the jet cavitating as readily, as will getting the weight as deep in the hull as possible by putting the batteries 'on the floor'.

Anyway, glad to hear you're finding a way to get the speed you needed. Hope the the wreck didn't cause you physical problems. Pain in the pocketbook is bad enough without bodily pain as well
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Last edited by madbugger; Mar 05, 2015 at 09:10 AM.
Old Mar 04, 2015, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by Kayaker
Joined May 2014
14 Posts
I find that in the 410mm boat with a KMB jet that it needs the weight of three 2200mAh batteries (2s connected in parallel) to stay hooked in bigger rapids. They are on Velcro so I can move them forward or back depending on the play spot and how much water there is in the river that day. Even with two or three batteries I prefer 65c batteries for the extra thrust especially when the charge is getting low. I don't care about top end speed because I'm always in rapids where control is king. It seems that for different styles and piloting skills and different water flows in rapids or how calm a lake is will change how much weight and where its placed. Hull design would also make a big difference so test, test, test. I always have a look at the water before I decide on how many and where to place the batteries.

7car7, I use a water scoop to get the jet re-primed faster in moving water, but the top speed on flat water gets slower the bigger you make the scoop. The boat won't jump rocks as well with a scoop.

I pound rocks with my hull so I like ABS that I coat on the inside with Shoe Goo. Ncp546, I like the clear deck that SicRC makes so that I can painted on the inside for that deep gloss look that won't scratch. I will paint the deck of my next boat with yellow because the human eye sees yellow as being much brighter than other colors. My old eyes need all the help they can get when trying to see the boat in whitewater.
Kayaker is offline Find More Posts by Kayaker
Old Mar 04, 2015, 06:52 PM
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,622 Posts
Welcome to ladies home journal..
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 05, 2015, 09:21 AM
Find More Posts by madbugger
Ayrshire, Scotland
Joined Jan 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
My old eyes need all the help they can get when trying to see the boat in whitewater.
Ain't that the truth
madbugger is offline Find More Posts by madbugger
Old Mar 10, 2015, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by 7car7
Washington State
Joined Oct 2007
1,277 Posts
I will try some different weight balance, and maybe a scoop. Thanks for the thoughts all.
7car7 is offline Find More Posts by 7car7
Old Apr 10, 2015, 09:54 AM
Find More Posts by chidago
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2009
7,622 Posts
Turbo Encabulator (1 min 48 sec)
chidago is offline Find More Posts by chidago
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:42 PM
Find More Posts by igotit