Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
12,824 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaze0021 View Post

snip snip snip

As Mike is usually my Camera Man for my RC Flights when he's available, this time, I thought I would return the favor and create this video using the format of my other videos. I appreciate you and as always, great flying!
Nice.... when you mention that the CC flies better with floats and with the extra weight, I agree.I think a lot of us agree. I don't fly my Carbon Cub unless I have my 500mAh Hyperion 2S Babbelbatt in it. That battery is very big and it provides that ballast and the Cub really comes alive. Weird, isn't it, to say that a plane flies better when we add weight!
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2015, 11:32 PM
Find More Posts by Blaze0021
United States, CO, Highlands Ranch
Joined Apr 2015
1,900 Posts
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Enjoyed the clip! There's nothing quite like a Cub on floats. They just go together. Like ice cream & homemade chocolate sauce.

No snow here, yet. We usually have snow on the ground by early November, and we sometimes get hit before Halloween. But it's been unseasonably warm for quite awhile.Unfortunately, it's also been unusually windy - so I haven't flown anything since I maidened the UMX P-47 on Halloween.

Thanks Joel!! Yeah I'm super impressed with Mike's UMX Carbon Cub SS and the reliability of that plane. Since I only have one set of floats, that same day he flew his UMX Carbon Cub SS, I tested out my Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" (the same 2S Brushless Conversion plane that I completed this past July) with the snow floats on for her first romp in the snow and she loved it!!

Hobbyzone Sport Cub S (2S Brushless) "Icarus" - Snow Cub Float Flight (6 min 26 sec)

Next week Colorado is supposed to get hit again, this time with even more snow. Gonna switch out floats and put them on my UMX Carbon Cub and give her a turn. She has the "Stump Puller" Prop on her, so it should make for a winter wonderland Cub environment.

Yeah it's been unusually warm here as well. Being stuck with just the UMX P-47 is not a bad problem to have. Wanting ice cream and homemade chocolate sauce when you don't have any, is.
Blaze0021 is online now Find More Posts by Blaze0021
Last edited by Blaze0021; Nov 13, 2015 at 11:38 PM.