Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old May 07, 2016, 09:40 AM
Find More Posts by Axefly
South Africa
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Discussion
Can I place my sensor right next to my fbl ?

Like so: ? Its not mounted yet its just a mock but the plan is to put it there, will there be any cons putting it there, Or must the satellite be some distance away from the fbl ?
Axefly is offline Find More Posts by Axefly
Last edited by Axefly; May 07, 2016 at 10:12 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2016, 11:22 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
15,041 Posts
It can go anywhere you like. The proximity of the sensor to the main FBL unit is irrelevant as long as it's close enough for the wire to reach. You could mount the sensor directly on top of the FBL unit if you wanted.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old May 07, 2016, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Axefly
South Africa
Joined Feb 2010
1,690 Posts
Thanks JPL ! So glad i don't have to change the configuration
Axefly is offline Find More Posts by Axefly
Old May 17, 2016, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Inertial Hydraulics Engineer
Joined Apr 2013
5,686 Posts
you could have just gotten the mini..no need to fiddle with additional wires unless of course you need FBL gov.

Btw, mini version seems plenty for 700. I did not experience any voltage drops. Running 2s lipo and two wire leads connected to mini kbar (promideler servos)
Flying Pitcher is offline Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old May 17, 2016, 01:09 PM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
15,041 Posts
I prefer the full size, probably the main reason is that it has more servo connectors ports. When you need four for servos, two for a BEC, one for the ESC and another for a telemetry and more for Rx input (unless using sats) the mini with it's seven connectors doesnt have nearly enough to go around and needs Y-leads.

I hate using Y leads.
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer