Shop our Airplanes Products Shop our Surface Products
Old Jun 07, 2010, 09:56 AM
Find More Posts by knlken
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Question
Nankin Hobby

Anyone have any experience with Nankin Hobby? I tried to find some info on them and cannot find anything. Thanks

Ken
knlken is offline Find More Posts by knlken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2010, 12:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
I just found this thread on helifreak and seems that a couple guys are really happy with them. Will put an order in with them and will let everyone know how it goes.
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=215100

Ken
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Well guys so far I'm really impressed with Nankin Hobby. My first order I got the Compass Atom 6HV for 548.99 minus a $25 coupon code with free shipping. I had my tracking information within 10 minutes of paying the bill. I'm going to place a couple more orders and will see how they all go

Ken
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
OK, I've got a total of three orders in and the heli was the first order that was put in on Thursday 6/10 and shipped same day. It's sitting here in PA waiting on Monday so, looks to me if you order in the beginning of the week you'll have your order in a couple of days. On Friday I put in another 2 orders and between the three was about $900. Looks like I found me another good vendor Check out their site here and they have some specials going on and here is some coupon codes. The quick shipping is absolutely free also. http://www.nankinhobby.com/index.php.

These coupon codes are for the month of June
$7 off of $50 code is: june7off50
$12 off of $100 code is: june12off100
$25 off of $250 Code is: june25off250

Ken
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by salty9
Joined Aug 2009
112 Posts
Quote from Nankin Hobby

"*Some Products Pricing May Change Once Added To Cart"

This doesn't fill me with confidence.
salty9 is offline Find More Posts by salty9
Old Jun 13, 2010, 11:25 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty9 View Post
Quote from Nankin Hobby

There's a lot of vendors that do that and here is a more popular one Helidirect http://www.helidirect.com/gyros-gove...c-1_46_489.hdx click on one of their Spartan gyro's and the price changes that your not aware of but, they cost less than actual price. The pricing is less when put in the shopping cart so don't understand how that won't boost your confidence and then a coupon code on top of that.

Ken
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:00 AM
Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Stay thirsty my friends.
United States, SC, Greenville
Joined Feb 2003
1,091 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salty9 View Post
Quote from Nankin Hobby

Does this have something to do with MAP? I bet it does.
DR. JOY is offline Find More Posts by DR. JOY
Old Jun 14, 2010, 10:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
OK guys, I got all 3 orders I put in on Thursday 6/10 & Friday 6/11. Took a picture of Invoice to confirm date and Nankin Hobby for you and pictures of the order. Everything was there and the tail boom had some cosmetic damage(an $8.20 part = no big deal) that I took pictures of and will see how their customer service is with fixing this up. Overall I'm very satisfied to own this beauty

Ken
Last edited by knlken; Aug 14, 2010 at 12:47 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 12:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Just got off the phone with Mike with Nankin Hobby and told him about the tail boom. He didn't ask me to ship it back to him and didn't want any pictures and said he believes me. I only tried calling them one time and had someone on the phone in less than a minute. Mike said he was shipping me a new tail boom today and will have in a couple days. You cannot get any better service than this. After our telephone conversation was done I told him about this thread on RcGroups, I didn't tell them about this thread until afterward's so, you can be confident with ordering from them. Hope Mike or someone from Nankin Hobby can chime in here and tell you guys more about them and explain the price change questions you've asked.

Ken
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:40 PM
Find More Posts by janks300
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Thanks for your order Ken And all the kind words you have said, We didnt even know this place existed until you told me about it today on the Phone.

We are New to the Online game but we have two large hobby stores in S.E. Michigan, the original store has been in buisness for 30+ years. If there is anything that you may need that is not on the site give us a call we may have it in our store, if we do i still can ship it out the same day .

The Prices may change when added to cart thing is Us trying to keep one of our distributors happy with there MAP pricing program. They want the map price listed with the lower price in the cart its there policy not ours. This is supposed to be how all online stores do it but not everyone complies.

Mike
Nankinhobby.com
janks300 is offline Find More Posts by janks300
Last edited by janks300; Jun 18, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
Your Welcome Mike, thank you for the great service and prices.

Ken
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2009
942 Posts
I just wanted to let everyone know I did get my tail boom today and everything did go perfect with Nankin Hobby. Thanks again Mike

Ken
Old Jun 17, 2010, 05:54 PM
Find More Posts by jz78817
Detroit
Joined Aug 2006
79 Posts
I work near their Farmington store and have bought stuff there a few times. hopefully they'll be re-opening it soon.
jz78817 is offline Find More Posts by jz78817
Old Jun 17, 2010, 07:05 PM
Find More Posts by EdrickV
BFU Pilot
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Apr 2005
514 Posts
From what I've heard, that Nankin store hopes to re-open in late June or July.
EdrickV is offline Find More Posts by EdrickV
Old Jun 17, 2010, 09:52 PM
Find More Posts by janks300
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
we are working very hard to get that store re-opened, the projected date is around mid august as long as everything goes to plan from here on out

mike
nankinhobby.com
janks300 is offline Find More Posts by janks300