Old Oct 21, 2015, 06:56 PM
Find More Posts by train06
Hell-lee bent
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCloud View Post
thanks for the link!........of course you have to be an electrical engineer to even come close to understanding any part of it

i'm absolutely loving the 230s it is really the best "sport flyers" heli that i have!
Good to hear! Hopefully I'll have one soon myself!
train06 is offline Find More Posts by train06
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2015, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooserious4u79 View Post
This seems more involved than this schematic
see! now that makes sense! i have a 20amp Afro ESC with the SimonK software that was going to go onto my 200srx......i wonder if it would work on the BSR wired that way?
WhiteCloud is offline Find More Posts by WhiteCloud
Old Oct 21, 2015, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by tooserious4u79
United States, VA, Hampton
Joined Jun 2010
24 Posts
Looks like you just wire the esc to batt then the gyro to the esc then you don't use the red wire then wire esc to motor
tooserious4u79 is offline Find More Posts by tooserious4u79
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:22 AM
Hell-lee bent
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
Quote:
Looks like you just wire the esc to batt then the gyro to the esc then you don't use the red wire then wire esc to motor
This ESC are you talking about the 2 N 1 ESC of the SR? Or a different ESC?
I know there would be a seperate ESC for the tail motor. But which wires would be wired where? Would a simple servo plug be used to connect everything?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:00 AM
Joined Jun 2010
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by train06 View Post
I know there would be a seperate ESC for the tail motor. But which wires would be wired where? Would a simple servo plug be used to connect everything?
It looks like the tail gyro and power wires for the brushed motor would not be used. Then you just solder the 10a esc to the lipo connection then connect the servo wire from the esc to the gyro then wire up the three esc motor wires from that 10a esc
Old Oct 22, 2015, 08:28 AM
Joined Jun 2010
24 Posts
Quote:

It looks like the tail gyro and power wires for the brushed motor would not be used. Then you just solder the 10a esc to the lipo connection then connect the servo wire from the esc to the gyro then wire up the three esc motor wires from that 10a esc
Old Oct 22, 2015, 09:22 AM
Hell-lee bent
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
Are you double posting to make sure the info sinks into my thick head? If so thank you how did you know? Lol

Seriously though thank you for the info, give me a wrench, I can fix about anything, hand me a volt meter, multi tester my eyes begin to glaze over....lol
Old Oct 22, 2015, 03:24 PM
Joined Jun 2010
24 Posts
I'm just like you I want to make sure this will work before I do it. After seeing estarter' video I was committed. I got all my sr's through Craigslist and none are able to keep a positive tail heading. The other link seemed a little involved to me also because I ca solder but don't want to damage the 2 in 1. I know you guys have different radios than the hp6Dsm but I want to still use the stock radio does anyone know if there is anything I need to do with this mod so I can use the stock radio
Old Oct 22, 2015, 04:29 PM
Hell-lee bent
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
[[/QUOTE]
The stock SR tail will hold pretty good but you gotta be very patient, and barely tweak the pots on the gyro, and ESC to get it to behave. The tail motor will actually run cooler once this is accomplished, therefore last longer.

That aside, I see no reason why the stock radio wouldn't work with the tail mod....It's just your dial in of the tail may suffer and not perform at optimum levels of tail holding.

The BL tail mod that seemed to work very well was the one that was done I think by a hobby shop a few years ago, I believe they sold the parts that they used, but either interest, cost, supplies dried up, and so did the mod and how it was done. At least that's what I gathered from what I'd read/heard...now with the 230s out, just us die hard SR fans left, none of the electrical tinkerers that know how to do these mods probably see no reason to bother with it, is what I'd reckon.
The belt mod works very well also, I've done it on one. It was amazing what a nice stable bird the SR became. But that mod is both expensive and fairly fragile. I plan hopefully to do a BL tail, another belted tail and still have my stock SR. In my collection, crazy I know, but just one of those weird things we all pick to do I guess....
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:24 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,074 Posts
Quote:
I'm just like you I want to make sure this will work before I do it. After seeing estarter' video I was committed. I got all my sr's through Craigslist and none are able to keep a positive tail heading. The other link seemed a little involved to me also because I ca solder but don't want to damage the 2 in 1. I know you guys have different radios than the hp6Dsm but I want to still use the stock radio does anyone know if there is anything I need to do with this mod so I can use the stock radio
I have two BSR's one completly stock the other was converted to a brushless DDVP tail.......i use the stock radio on both i actually do not have any problems using this radio, i did connect the yellow wire to the radio RX so that i have control of the gyro from my radio (little dial on the top right of the radio).

i tried converting my stock BSR to a 230s brushless tail using the stock 230s ESC but it did'nt work because the ESC isn't wired to let it work with an external gyro. i am going for plan "B" which is to use the Afro 20-amp ESC (with SimonK software, same ESC the guys are using on the 200srx) to control the 230s brushless tail motor, i was going to use the same wiring diagram as the 200srx, but, the one that you posted makes more sense.

the Afro 20-amp SimonK software should work great (hopefully ), i believe that all the wiring required for the estarter conversion appears to be for the programing software, which is already on the Afro
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:32 PM
Hell-lee bent
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
Please let me know the results and how you did it WhiteCloud, I have enough parts to build another SR and would like to do this myself!
Also since the 200SRX is a non CP bird do you think there are any issues with that being the SR is a CP?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 05:58 PM
Stupid Gravity
alsip, ill
Joined Aug 2002
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Please let me know the results and how you did it WhiteCloud, I have enough parts to build another SR and would like to do this myself!
Also since the 200SRX is a non CP bird do you think there are any issues with that being the SR is a CP?
the fact that the BSR is a CP heli should'nt matter, i think the Afro 20-amp ESC should work..........but, i thought the 230s ESC would work also

i was hoping the 230s ESC would work because it was a real "plug and play" set-up, although the Afro 20-amp conversion will require soldering it should'nt be to bad.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 06:36 PM
Hell-lee bent
Joined Mar 2014
1,184 Posts
Maybe this is why the more extensive involvement on the other thread getting things to work correctly? All I know is it would really be cool to get a working BL tail on this bird!
Old Oct 28, 2015, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
16,861 Posts
I have my UH-1 huey SR listed in classified section RTF $50.00/ plus postage. Flys finbe but body was repaired at rear. gun pods were never installed and included. RTF with TX etc. Battery not included/ postal issue. conus USA only. cheap wat to gety complete flyer.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04