Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwong
what's with HC...everything that I need is out of stock
That's because of folks like me, who gather up all their buddies and buy huge orders and pretty much gobble up everything in stock of certain items.

and it won't help you either that HC is becoming more and more popular and that their Lipos are price very competitively and quality is up to par with many name brands.

The good news is they do fill their inventory every week...and orders come in daily...
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:29 PM
Find More Posts by Thomas B
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
15,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yangster

The good news is they do fill their inventory every week...and orders come in daily...
Certain large Lipos have been out of stock for lots of weeks.....
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:53 PM
Find More Posts by BillM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,330 Posts
After spending many years developing and controlling inventory systems there is one lesson to be learned--you will run out of something sooner or later and it will be at a time that will create the biggest problem.
In addition it is almost impossible to predict what items will short out first.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Apr 01, 2009, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by barry wilson
amherst,nova scotia,canada
Joined Nov 2003
787 Posts
Suppliers probably cannot meet their general sales growth. About the only upside of the current economic situation is it may have slowed down their apparent exponential growth somewhat.

Othewise they might have been almost continually sold out of all the common items by now. At present it may be reasonable to assume they are well on their way to becoming the dominate worldwide supplier in our hobby.

They seem to source new items almost continously now. The major managers seem to fly models as well. This gives them a strong leg up on knowing what the market wants.

Almost unbeatable over the long haul if certain current operational ideals are retained. Very few substantial negatives are presented now on buying there. Have things ever rotated fast.

Simply put north american retail structural greed is eliminating them from the marketplace unless they quickly reel in their margins as some are. Unfortunatly I think they are just playing with it.

It is no longer difficult to estimate their cost. Much oif their markup seems excessive. I know old habits die slowly and hard. In my opinion there is no longer much time for them.

Guys like myself want suppliers that settle for a bearable markup. Plus show an interest in the customer or try hard to meet his needs at a price fair to both parties. I almost feel I have been suckered too many times in past years.
barry wilson is offline Find More Posts by barry wilson
Last edited by barry wilson; Apr 01, 2009 at 02:50 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2009, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by swatson144
That'll hold until ...
Hampton Roads Va.
Joined Oct 2004
3,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwong
what's with HC...everything that I need is out of stock
It's a sign that you may need to spend somewhere else and buy quality stuff. When the disposable stuff gets back in stock you can get more of it...you know if you want to.

Steve
swatson144 is offline Find More Posts by swatson144