HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2014, 09:31 PM
Proptwister
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
Discussion
AR610 vs Hitec Optima 6

Which one should I go with for the 41" Edge 540. The build youtubes use a Hitec Optima 6. I'm thinking of getting the Spectrum 6 radio. They have a deal where you can get the AR610 receiver for $30 above the cost of the Spectrum 6 radio.
Proptwister is offline Find More Posts by Proptwister
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 03:31 PM
wrecklessly misspeling stuff..
United States, CA, Citrus Heights
Joined Feb 2009
1,031 Posts
I haven't used anything else but Spektrum rx and tx that didn't come with an RTF. No real complaints, however I like my DX7se much better then the DX6i. they are both older. I am also still using the old dx2 receivers with out any problems.
tuck is offline Find More Posts by tuck
Old Dec 22, 2014, 01:11 AM
Jarhead
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Aug 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proptwister View Post
Which one should I go with for the 41" Edge 540. The build youtubes use a Hitec Optima 6. I'm thinking of getting the Spectrum 6 radio. They have a deal where you can get the AR610 receiver for $30 above the cost of the Spectrum 6 radio.
You're really choosing a radio system and not just a receiver.

If you fly with other pilots that use Spektrum, you might buy Spektrum so you'll have lots of help with setup. If they fly XX radio, you might choose that one for the same reason. I fly with a Hitec Aurora and I made my choice based on available help. I've not regretted that decision, but I could gone with Spektrum with similar results. If I were to buy today, I might buy the Taranis X9D Plus. FrSky receivers are cheap.

The Aurora 9 or 9X will cost more than a DX6. If you lean towards Hitec, the Eclipse 7 will cost about the same with similar features. Receivers are really close enough in price that it shouldn't affect your choice. The last Optima 6 Lite I bought cost $42, plus shipping.

Either radio will be fine. The Spektrum will have an edge in the number of stored models. I don't fly Spektrum, but from what I understand, you're only limited by the size of the SD card installed. The Aurora 9 and 9X can store 30 models or flight configurations. I'm using 10, so that's plenty for me right now. Hitec radios don't use SD cards for expansion.
wheelbarrowjack is online now Find More Posts by wheelbarrowjack
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:19 AM
Proptwister
Joined Sep 2014
9 Posts
I have the Spectrum DX5e that came with my Apprentice. I hope to upgrade to the 6. In terms of weight, the A610 is lighter. So with your info I'll go with the A610. Thanks
Proptwister is offline Find More Posts by Proptwister