HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:54 PM
Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2006
578 Posts
Question
PAW C/L to R/C conversion.

I have a PAW 80 MKII (.049) control line engine. Does anyone know if that can be converted to R/C by simply installing a PAW carburetor? Or is there a difference in the case between the two units? The venturi opening on my engine appears to be 5 mm. I might have a line on a new carb but don't want to buy it if I have to do major surgery on the engine to install it.
GliderJim is offline Find More Posts by GliderJim
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2008
1,031 Posts
It depends on the model. On the later ones it is a direct drop in, but not on the earlier ones. I guess those would be the MkI but I haven't seen any definite model assignments and their differences. Here is a picture of a 1cc RC, with the later crankcase (but old enough to still have the anodizing color).
surfer_kris is offline Find More Posts by surfer_kris
Old Dec 09, 2012, 04:06 PM
Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2006
578 Posts
Thanks. I guess I'll just go ahead and order it and hope for the best. My crankcase looks like yours. No anodizing on my engine.
GliderJim is offline Find More Posts by GliderJim