HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:07 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
762 Posts
Thanks guys! Catching up a bit here. I have to try and find some of this DeoxIT F5... maybe at Fry's Electronics here in CA or good old Ebay. My rudder servo will stick hard over after a flight if I try to taxi in under power sometimes, cut the motor or fresh battery and it works fine. Kinda weird, glad it's just the rudder! One other spray lube I have in the garage is called LPS, the aircraft mechanics at work use it on electrical contacts/cannon plugs, maybe that would work...? I cut a little foam away for the Babbelbats, clean machine. As far as batts go I can't be bothered with the stock batt, too weak. The Hyperion 240's are good and the Lectron Pros are 300 mAh but no stronger than the Hyp's, the two babblebats I got are the bomb, expensive but easily the best power on 2s. Putting foam parts in just boiled water works, but then the foam surface is bumpy, but better than crushed.
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:25 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
You can find DeoxIT FaderLube F5 at Guitar Center, or online.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:03 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Thanks PugSam! I havent strengthened those flappy thingys on the flat thingy at the back of the plane, so I'll try that next.
How much thrust do you have?
Also, if you hold the Mig after arming the gyro's and point the nose up say 45°, what happens when you move the elevators up? How much movement do you have and does the gyro kick in? What settings do you have on your txer?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:03 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalmon View Post
Yes this is the correct DeoxIT to use.

-Brian
Where can you buy this product?

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
You can find DeoxIT FaderLube F5 at Guitar Center, or online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Where can you buy this product?

RD
2 posts up from yours I stated where
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:13 PM
Elfi Flyer
Rock Hill, SC
Joined Oct 2002
5,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
2 posts up from yours I stated where
Thanks. We have a guitar store here in town, so I can check there. Also, I can hit the net for sales locations. Never heard of the product before, and (knock on wood), I have had very FEW problems with the linear servos used with my micro fleet.

RD
Doug Sipprell is offline Find More Posts by Doug Sipprell
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Big Red Cadillac
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell View Post
Thanks. We have a guitar store here in town, so I can check there. Also, I can hit the net for sales locations. Never heard of the product before, and (knock on wood), I have had very FEW problems with the linear servos used with my micro fleet.

RD

Yeah I think I got for around $10 at Guitar Center, when the Carbon Cub SS was released. I take a look on their site now though, and wow, the price is high.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/CAIG-Deo...14-i1134931.gc

You can pick it up on Amazon too
http://www.amazon.com/DeoxIT®-FaderL...s=faderlube+f5

Or from the makers themselves
http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1750/.f?sc=2
Last edited by grovey; Aug 28, 2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:38 PM
Gravity is a harsh mistress.
United States, MI, Temperance
Joined Sep 2002
6,611 Posts
Ordered some this afternoon from:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeS/
Tim Wolff is offline Find More Posts by Tim Wolff
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:47 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
762 Posts
Guitar Center! Bonus! Lord knows they've gotten their share of my $ over there, LOL.
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Thanks PugSam! I havent strengthened those flappy thingys on the flat thingy at the back of the plane, so I'll try that next.
Just be careful not to damage the doohickeys on the flappy thingies when you put the whatchamacallits in them.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,943 Posts
Joel,

I hope you're getting a handsome fee from the DeoxIT folks.

You started the DeoxIT rush here on RCG, which has led to the sale of what must be quite a pantload of their product.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:23 PM
EDF Junkie
Pacific Northwest
Joined Oct 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Joel,

I hope you're getting a handsome fee from the DeoxIT folks.

You started the DeoxIT rush here on RCG, which has led to the sale of what must be quite a pantload of their product.

Deoxit should be advertising on RCGroups. A big display ad at the top of every UM Airplane and Helicopter page!
NwRcFlight is offline Find More Posts by NwRcFlight
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:53 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCharged View Post
How much thrust do you have?
Also, if you hold the Mig after arming the gyro's and point the nose up say 45°, what happens when you move the elevators up? How much movement do you have and does the gyro kick in? What settings do you have on your txer?
Nitro - not sure how much thrust I've got, haven't had a need or method to measure it accurately, but it doesn't appear to be a thrust issue as much as an issue where the control surfaces are not behaving properly and the gyro is trying to compensate. I'll try the 45 degree experiment, that's a good thought. TX settings are:
Travel: 100% on all surfaces (I know, I should probably dial it back to 95%)
No DR - I run it at 100%
Expo: +15% on Ailerons, +10% on Elevator.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:10 AM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
3,110 Posts
L I B Darned

Well I'll be darned. Any good aircraft accident is usually caused by a million small things working together in the wrong way . . .

I might have just figured out what's happening - and you might want to check your Mig's as well. All this time, I've been assuming that the cause of the sudden roll when using my elevator was a function of, well, the elevator. Makes sense, right? If it only happens when you use a particular control surface, then that control surface must be the problem.

Enter AS3X and suddenly ALL control surfaces are working together. The plot thickens. . . .

I was looking again at my elevator control horns, to see if they'd gotten loose again, but found everything as it should be. As I was looking at them, I rememberd someone having trouble with their two rudder halves not being aligned, so I thought I'd double check that - just in case.

Turns out, mine were misaligned, so I wiggled the top one. The bottom one didn't move. The metal brace between the two had disconnected from the bottom section.

Here's my new theory on what's happening:

Prior to stiffening the elevator control horns and horizontal stabilizer, I was getting uneven force when applying hard elevator causing the Mig to roll, which the gyro attempted to correct with rudder inputs. I also think wind was creating this same effect, because (after stiffening the control horns) any loop I did crosswind generated the same strange roll.

When the gyro attempted to correct using rudder input and the rudder didn't respond appropriately, it started a chain reaction that ultimately led to more and more gyro inputs and fewer and fewer of my inputs. Basically, I began fighting the gyro.

We'll see if I'm right - I've fixed the rudder, the elevators are as stiff as boards, and everything else appears to be in good working order.

Man I hope that was it. Starting to lose confidence in this thing.
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:07 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
4,783 Posts
I highly doubt the AS3X is trying to counter roll with rudder.
That is what the ailerons are for!

Now it is true that the misaligned elevator could be inducing some roll which the ailerons counter but then they might bring adverse yaw to the party which the rudder then has to sort...
(They shouldn't, being offset should help avoid this).

SilentPilot is offline Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install