Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Flying Bastard
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2011
397 Posts
Discussion
EagleEye tracker data protocol

Hi EE.

I'm a long time user of your products. Had the whole kit with OSD, eagleeye, etc.
But now R/C world has changed, and my needs too.

I have to sell my EE OSD as I can't use it anymore. I'm using some open source flight controller for multirors & planes ( mostly OpenPilot & Multiwii ), ad now the idea is to avoid sensors dupes. Unfortunately it was asked many times to open the osd protocol for this, but seems it won't happen, so now 'm using some open source OSD for this.

But I used before my EagleEye for antenna tracking.

Could you at least share the data protocol used in Audio stream ?
Seems to be AFSK modulation, and we can generate those with arduino.

That would be cool if you publish it, leaving ET OSD means leaving the whole ET brand for now. Would be nice to use the Eagle Eye standalone.

Thans.
Kipkool is offline Find More Posts by Kipkool
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2013, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by billpa
Joined Nov 2003
4,941 Posts
Kipcool, I understand. You may want to hang on to that EE for a few more weeks until we announce something.

In terms of the protocol, the information is sent in the video stream (not audio) and to make matters worse, the OSD actually does most of the tracking work, and just tells the EE where to move the servos. Further, the GPS information is compressed, making the problem that much harder. So, I'm going to disappoint you again on this. Sorry.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 19, 2013, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Flying Bastard
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Jun 2011
397 Posts
Hi billpa,

Modding the video stream would be harder to do you're right.
Thanks for your clear answer anyway

Wondering what the hell this new thingie will be. Stop teasing & release the damn news.
Kipkool is offline Find More Posts by Kipkool
Old Jun 25, 2013, 03:23 PM
Find More Posts by billpa
Joined Nov 2003
4,941 Posts
Got it.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2015, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by jairbj
Joined Oct 2013
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipkool View Post
Hi billpa,

Modding the video stream would be harder to do you're right.
Thanks for your clear answer anyway

Wondering what the hell this new thingie will be. Stop teasing & release the damn news.
Modify video streaming is hard but not impossible.

I have eagleeyes and I'm using it only as as diversity.

It would be wonderful if EagleTree could release the protocol for the community.

I think that Vector is wonderful but I don't want to sped U$ 270 in a FC to use with a quadcopter that i bought for U$ 190 (cc3d+gps+minimosd+frame+motors+escs).

I think that Vector/OSDPro send telemetry data inside video VBI. If it's true, this isn't impossible to achieve with MinimOSD.

I'm building a DIY antenna tracker for my planes and the option 1 is embed telemetry inside VBI instead audio channel.
jairbj is offline Find More Posts by jairbj