SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 09, 2012, 12:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
Magic Vee trigger damage

Hi All,

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but I'm new to the forum and also new in the RC world!

I was hoping someone could help me out with some damage to a part in my transmitter for my Magic Vee. The part which is damaged connects to the spring which links to the trigger which means that the trigger no longer springs back into the original position. See below for the part which I am talking about.

My question is can this part be replaced or could someone point me in the direction of where I can get it? Alternatively I am also looking at replacing the entire transmitter. The Vee runs on a frequency of 27.145Mhz so I would need a transmitter that could do that and one that isnt going to break the bank!

Any help would be appreciated
snowmeow is offline Find More Posts by snowmeow
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 12:48 PM
Oscar
Canada, NB
Joined Mar 2012
40 Posts
Would some epoxy be able to fix it?
Oscarfish48 is offline Find More Posts by Oscarfish48
Old Apr 09, 2012, 12:55 PM
GILL
United States, NJ, Hopatcong
Joined Aug 2005
2,672 Posts
Your best bet is to contact the company for a replacement. There is very little suface area to glue.
GILL RC is offline Find More Posts by GILL RC
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:07 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,624 Posts
If worse comes to worse and you can't get one you might try a collar of JB Weld around the crack if there is room for it when installed. Clean it real well with dish soap and warm water. You can get JB Weld at any auto parts store. It's good stuff to have around.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:54 PM
Raleigh NC
Joined Jul 2008
1,865 Posts
step one email the company that pic.and a good story. if no response remake the part out of something better (aluminum,brass) it looks like it could be done from a sheet of flat stock..
tghsmith is offline Find More Posts by tghsmith
Old Apr 09, 2012, 03:45 PM
Big Boats Rule!
Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2007
2,051 Posts
Chances are pretty good that 'Joyway' did not make the transmitter. I would check your local hobby shop for a common Futaba, Airtronics, etc part. They sell replacement parts for transmitters from the big boys.
Perhaps getting an entire new transmitter would be easier. Lots of repackaged brands will work with a different transmitter, as long as it's on the same band and frequency, that is. And a simple 2 channel, pistol grip style is not that expensive.

Dave
boater_dave is offline Find More Posts by boater_dave
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:22 PM
Vancouver, BC
Joined Aug 2009
2,155 Posts
It's backordered right now, but this is by far the best bang for your buck as far as pistol radios go: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...und_Radio.html

Also, it's slightly more expensive cousin is an even better deal if you have other boats and/or cars that you want to control with the same transmitter: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...und_Radio.html
Firehawk989 is offline Find More Posts by Firehawk989
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2 Posts
Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions. I forgot to mention that I live in the UK so buying a transmitter from the US would also mean delivery costs, however I have just emailed Ripmax who are the manufacturers of the Magic Vee and told them my story. I also sent them pictures of the part and asked if its possible for a replacement part or replacement transmitter.

I also mentioned how much I love the magic vee so hopefully they will feel my pain

I'll let you know how it goes!
snowmeow is offline Find More Posts by snowmeow
Old Apr 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
Blackpool, Lancs
Joined Feb 2006
3,008 Posts
At the price of the original, I would be very surprised if any spares were available. I would also be surprised if it would work with a "normal" model TX.
mfr02 is online now Find More Posts by mfr02
Old Apr 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
United States, ID, Rexburg
Joined Sep 2008
6,454 Posts
here is a slightly different idea (that takes advantage of the newest tech) get it scanned and replicated with a 3-printer there are small local shops (even in the small town that I live in) that do that sort of thing. Not sure what it would cost, but it is an idea. This is the type of thing that 3-d printing is made for!
Foo
fooman2008 is offline Find More Posts by fooman2008