Joined Sep 2008
984 Posts
Is this config will be too heavy? I want speed but also nice gliding

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9937
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=16892
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=21483
Cid156 is offline Find More Posts by Cid156
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Cid156; Sep 16, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Aero 4 (8 min 31 sec)

Some more Radjet Action!!!!
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:55 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
984 Posts
I broke today the shaft of the stock motor... the prop (no stock) has no damage... bad shaft!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Miniquad WSk250
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
I broke today the shaft of the stock motor... the prop (no stock) has no damage... bad shaft!!
Yep, it's ridiculously skinny, especially for a pusher.
Perfect excuse to put one of these in there!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12919
As long as you want to stay with 3S batteries, which for me is fast enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harlyquin76 View Post
Some more Radjet Action!!!!
Sweet video!

I had a pretty dramatic crash this weekend. Was getting too confident, making WOT low speed passes, when towards the end of the pack a wing clipped the tall grass and she went spinning and rolling along the ground. Threw the canopy off (despite a strong rubber band) and the battery ejected, ripping the positive lead right out of the pack. Looking inside the battery end it's going to be too touchy to re-solder, so I'll just throw it away and order another 1300mAh 3S 45-90c Nano-tech to replace it. Great battery, the wiring is just not designed to withstand many g's of force :/
Didn't break the vert stabs or (several times glued and CF reinforced nose), but did rip both wing-tip tanks off so I just cleaned up the edges with a blade and she flies as good as new.
Still get a big thrill ripping around with the Radjet!
Kurt is offline Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:46 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
Yep, it's ridiculously skinny, especially for a pusher.
Perfect excuse to put one of these in there!
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=12919
As long as you want to stay with 3S batteries, which for me is fast enough.

Sweet video!

I had a pretty dramatic crash this weekend. Was getting too confident, making WOT low speed passes, when towards the end of the pack a wing clipped the tall grass and she went spinning and rolling along the ground. Threw the canopy off (despite a strong rubber band) and the battery ejected, ripping the positive lead right out of the pack. Looking inside the battery end it's going to be too touchy to re-solder, so I'll just throw it away and order another 1300mAh 3S 45-90c Nano-tech to replace it. Great battery, the wiring is just not designed to withstand many g's of force :/
Didn't break the vert stabs or (several times glued and CF reinforced nose), but did rip both wing-tip tanks off so I just cleaned up the edges with a blade and she flies as good as new.
Still get a big thrill ripping around with the Radjet!
I have the same motor in stock. I am wondering if it will be fast enough... maybe in a 4s with a 4.7x4.7

I should try before ordering the 2836 XXXXkv
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:37 PM
Switzerland
Joined Sep 2008
984 Posts
I opened the motor. The shaft is diameter 3!!!! They reduce the end only to be able to fix it on the bell. it is a bit stupid...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:56 AM
Australia, TAS, Claremont
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Cool thanks, have a few building up of my friends and i flying

http://www.youtube.com/user/harlyquin?feature=mhee
harlyquin76 is offline Find More Posts by harlyquin76
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cid156 View Post
I have the same motor in stock. I am wondering if it will be fast enough... maybe in a 4s with a 4.7x4.7

I should try before ordering the 2836 XXXXkv
Just go with the 2836. If speed is your goal, just go with the stronger motor from the start.

You can always prop down or run 3s if you want to get used to the speed before stepping up.
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:08 AM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Motherwell
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
hey guys tried to maiden the radjet today and it didnt seem like it wanted to fly :/ like not enough power all i did was put carbon spares in the model lol but anyway it just landed on grass and snapped the prop shaft can you buy prop shafts from hobbyking?
Paramanic is offline Find More Posts by Paramanic
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:11 AM
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
I've burnt out a 2826 and 2836. At the moment I have the 2826 running on 3 and 4 cell. The 3s runs a 6by4 and I run a 5by5 for the 4s setup. so far the little motor is handleing the 4s at 30amps pulling around 440watts.
I have a 2836 sitting here waiting to go in another rad, but I gotta prop it right and not fry it. really enjoying flying the rad at the moment. On the 4s she is passing my mates edf jet with ease and he has clocked his jet at 160klm's ( 100mph ). So I'm around the 180 klm's. Gotta try and get the 200klm's magic mark.
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller
Old Sep 19, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
and sorry how to take out the shaft and replace
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramanic View Post
hey guys tried to maiden the radjet today and it didnt seem like it wanted to fly :/ like not enough power all i did was put carbon spares in the model lol but anyway it just landed on grass and snapped the prop shaft can you buy prop shafts from hobbyking?
The stock prop doesn't give it much power. Try a 6x4 on the stock motor and you get good results.

If the shaft is broken, I'd recommend just upgrading the motor. Either the Turnigy 2826 or 2836 are great alternatives.
nofreee is offline Find More Posts by nofreee
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:19 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramanic View Post
I had the same issue. I added a 6x4 to my Radjet and gave it the extra oomph needed.
FltLtBiggles is offline Find More Posts by FltLtBiggles
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: My first blog post
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:41 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
thanks guys yeah the shaft is broken and its hard to get the shaft of :@ lol but if i give it that motor will i need a better esc?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:42 AM
Joined Dec 2011
209 Posts
and thanks guys i made a boo boo :/ told cousin to finnish off the plane (after i glued it ) and told him to put the prop on yeah i didnt notice it was backwards!! im never asking him again lol