Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC View Post
Ok, And use the same lipo?
I am thinking of some nanotechs ...
I'd recommend anything but nanotechs. Their 1S lipos are the worst I've tried.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old May 22, 2015, 02:49 PM
Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
I have a degree in crashing!
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2014
706 Posts
Ok, Don't want to spend more than 5-8$ per battery, Any Recommendations?
NoLimitRC is online now Find More Posts by NoLimitRC
Old May 23, 2015, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by jamichx
Slovakia
Joined Sep 2013
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLimitRC View Post
Ok, And use the same lipo?
I am thinking of some nanotechs ...
In my experience nanotechs are not very good batteries

I use these and I am very pleased with them

http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-Heli...y-p-72512.html

I have also ordered these MG power ones but I have not received them yet. I had them before and they were the best I have ever had.

http://www.banggood.com/Upgraded-25C...-p-917608.html
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old May 23, 2015, 11:54 AM
Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,203 Posts
Strange you guys are mentioning that Nano-Tech batteries 'are not very good one'(s)

Just last Sunday there were three us at the field discussing just that - (abeit about 2200mAh), that Nano-Tech batteries lately don't last as long as they once and get that slight puff about them a lot sooner than they used to.

When the 'Nano-Techs' first came out (about 3 years ago) as the superior (or upgrade or better) batteries to the 'plain' old blue 'TURNIGY Power Systems' they seemed fine.

But I'm (we) are getting the feeling this no longer the case and think they are NOW using the same chemicals if not in-inferior chemicals from the when they first released.

Long story short, on comparing three types of batteries I (we) now find 'ZIPPY'(s) to be the best.
I dunno. Go figure. We are still trying to figure it, without spending crazy amounts of money of other so called name brand batteries.

Maybe I'll buy a pair of each, regular TURNIGY, Nano-Tech & ZIPPY and put them through their paces !!

-B!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old May 26, 2015, 04:05 PM
LJH
Find More Posts by LJH
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,272 Posts
I am using the CP-Z-03 BL motor in mine with good success. I got mine off Amazon for $20 but they no longer offer them. Here they are on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1513878...lpid=82&chn=ps) but they are $30 now.

So I had mentioned that I seemed to be getting better duration with the new tail motor, I am getting a bit better duration but but as good as I thought and I think my cheap batteries are already giving up the ghost. I have just ordered some of the Hyperion single cells. I have had great luck with the half dozen larger Hyperion packs I have so I am giving them a go.

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old May 26, 2015, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by stringrazor
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,840 Posts
Just tried out mCP x blades an my 11500 kvm brushkess SCP. What an improvement! Much better pop. The SCP blades were worn so I should probably compare new stock blades with the mcpx ones. The MCPX blades are larger, mostly in width, so they provide more lift whike loading down the motor more.
stringrazor is offline Find More Posts by stringrazor