HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 04:25 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Great stuff, I'm sure Readymaderc will have a pod kit for this soon.

Can anyone tell me where in china I can order this ?
OzparkPilot is online now Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 07:59 AM
Iceland
Joined Jul 2004
36 Posts
I wonder how strong the large wings of the "Banana Bixler" are... Is it OK to fly areobatics?
agbjarn is offline Find More Posts by agbjarn
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:05 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Saw that comin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
HAHA! I'm the latest failure, after watching the video I posted, I faded.
The video was to much...like a crack addict to the stem! And I'm right there with ya.

Looks like "gliderish" but that's fine.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:11 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
[QUOTE=agbjarn;22417342]I wonder how strong the large wings of the "Banana Bixler" are... Is it OK to fly areobatics?[/QUOTE

The newer version of the clones had screws and some type of mechanism to lock the wings in. I suspect this larger plane will do aerobatics, but not like the smaller version.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:32 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agbjarn View Post
I wonder how strong the large wings of the "Banana Bixler" are... Is it OK to fly areobatics?

It should be fine for aerobatics, this model is the same class with Multiplex Cularis, ArtTech Diamond 2500, ST Model ST360 which are all large 2.4-2.6m EPO foam 5CH Electric powered Sailplanes.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:19 PM
USA, CA, Arcadia
Joined Apr 2006
346 Posts
Remember me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
It should be fine for aerobatics, this model is the same class with Multiplex Cularis, ArtTech Diamond 2500, ST Model ST360 which are all large 2.4-2.6m EPO foam 5CH Electric powered Sailplanes.
Doubletap,
Remember when you get your new 95" er, I'm your FAVORITE stand by pilot!
!

Vmax
vmaxmasonrya is offline Find More Posts by vmaxmasonrya
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:23 PM
Crashmaster
United States, CA, Lakewood
Joined Jul 2012
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this video. LMFAO at the end...thanks for putting that in there for us. You, sir, get a cookie
Swammy1979 is offline Find More Posts by Swammy1979
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxmasonrya View Post
Doubletap,
Remember when you get your new 95" er, I'm your FAVORITE stand by pilot!
!

Vmax

Big 10-4!!
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:04 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swammy1979 View Post
I thoroughly enjoyed this video. LMFAO at the end...thanks for putting that in there for us. You, sir, get a cookie
I'm not understanding what is expected when one puts a camera on a plane. To what end. Filming the farm? It's like watching 8MM home movies. "OH wait till the Kids see this!" Our corn Field, the barn our corn Field.com

What Horast did was what every film maker does it's called 'B' role and he took that, combined it with music, spent a ton of time editing it into the work we saw. That worked, was wanted and needed at this time.

"Follow your Bliss" There's something inside you that knows if your on the right tract and knows if your not"
- Joseph Campbel
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Aug 12, 2012, 01:24 AM
Joined Aug 2008
121 Posts
Quote:
I'm not understanding what is expected when one puts a camera on a plane.
The answer is very simple.

Take a look at this video from Todd Sheridan.

EPIC FPV ! Most Beautiful Aerial Desert Flying EVER! - Moab, Utah (7 min 47 sec)
Mehari is offline Find More Posts by Mehari
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:43 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,657 Posts
I was determined to wait for feedback from Doubletap and Aussie before ordering this one.

But I caved in and did the deed this morning. What is it about this plane????
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:43 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
I was determined to wait for feedback from Doubletap and Aussie before ordering this one.

i am a self confessed scale nut... but the versatility & practicality of the easystar platform scaled up to 2400mm had me at "hello"

i just discovered my sss departed BH with USPS Priority Mail 2 days ago, woohoo!
now the delivery time to the land down under...
i doubt i'll be the first to get it, but i'll report as soon as it arrives
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:13 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post

Well, I think most of us recognize the appeal of a "super sized" EZ style model with all the advantages of this particular layout, so the strong response to the SSS release is understandable. Only now the 2+ week waiting period must be endured.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 08:50 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
"Me trying to talk myself out of wanting this plane. "I said to myself, I said self:

1. You got the Bixler V2 in shipment, you just lost a new Bix V1 on first flight into the mangroves and all this after beating a BlitzRC SS V3 into packing material and this all started with a toy helicopter in march!

2. Unless this monster is very strong the wings will break off in the kind of maneuver's we do with a standard SS.

3. So what's it good for? FPV or carrying a camera around. OH WOW! theres a corn field and a barn and another corn field, just wait till the kids see this!

4. Then it's a glider, that feels for movement in the invisible air way high in the sky. While I stand there, my tx at my side cause 'God's gotter now' It's all way cool but I don't think my neck can take it.

5. "War, good God y'all, what is it good for, absolutely nothin"

6. I can't thow it in the trunk and go.

Conclusion: I don't need it.

DJ"

Now I'm not a poplar poster on the new 'Super Sky Surfer" thread
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Aug 12, 2012, 11:21 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
"Me trying to talk myself out of wanting this plane. "I said to myself, I said self:

1. You got the Bixler V2 in shipment, you just lost a new Bix V1 on first flight into the mangroves and all this after beating a BlitzRC SS V3 into packing material and this all started with a toy helicopter in march!

2. Unless this monster is very strong the wings will break off in the kind of maneuver's we do with a standard SS.

3. So what's it good for? FPV or carrying a camera around. OH WOW! theres a corn field and a barn and another corn field, just wait till the kids see this!

4. Then it's a glider, that feels for movement in the invisible air way high in the sky. While I stand there, my tx at my side cause 'God's gotter now' It's all way cool but I don't think my neck can take it.

5. "War, good God y'all, what is it good for, absolutely nothin"

6. I can't thow it in the trunk and go.

Conclusion: I don't need it.

DJ"

Now I'm not a poplar poster on the new 'Super Sky Surfer" thread

But since when buying more toy planes is a matter of "need' The operative word here is "want" so if you find yourself wanting this incredible new giant foamy, shouldn't that be enough reason to pull the trigger?

Obviously you have never owned or flown a sailplane, as sailplanes are not for just thermal flying, personally I don't care for thermalling, as I 'm a sloper, so I fly my electric powered gliders more like how I slope, meaning, I fly under power most of the time performing low and close passes mixed with low/fast aerobatics, and yes, sailplanes are fully aerobatic and only limited by the pilot's abilities. BTW, the fastest RC models in the world are all gliders/sailplanes, that's right, unpowered pure gliders are the fastest of all RC model aircraft.

Super Sky Surfer being flown as a power plane, no neck straining thermaling here:

Super Sky Surfer over the Beaches of California (2 min 36 sec)
Last edited by Doubletap; Aug 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM.