SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 11, 2015, 03:23 AM
Find More Posts by mrqua
Joined Jun 2013
28 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have some question I still don't get it from the manual or the software.
How is the pitch curve in manual / att / gps mode? Is it all the same linear pitch with 0 deg on mid stick? How is the swash behaviour if we do the bench test, changing the mode from manual and att or gps?

Thanks.
mrqua is offline Find More Posts by mrqua
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2015, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by Mapoff
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Dec 2012
867 Posts
Keep a linear pitch curve 0,25,50,75,100 for all flight modes like normal, and ideal up. Go through the software exactly. Get your swash level mechanically at 0. You don't want to compensate in the software much. The pages after that push throttle stick all the way up and you adjust the slider until the pitch on the blade is the max you want. When you are all done you should have that pitch positive and negative with 0 at center.

Bench testing tilt the heli right and you should see the swash go left. It should be trying to compensate for the error. there isn't mich difference between the modes. The swash acts a little more sluggish because it holds altitude. Most people seem to use a governor on the ESC and running throttle directly to the receiver.

I did crash my 800 with a BMC 4k this weekend. I took way to long to accept that the motor just quit. If you have to auto you need to switch to manual or an auto would be really hard. I forgot all that and she blade stopped. The bullet on the motor ESC connection had a burn through it.
Mapoff is offline Find More Posts by Mapoff