Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:50 AM
Find More Posts by Impact RC
United States, NY, Niverville
Joined Feb 2015
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seppos View Post
Hello All,

Things have been unusually busy, apologies subatomic and others who have mailed and have had a late reply.

We are getting modems back in stock in approx. 2 weeks, we expect to be shipping RFD900+'s from then. They are available on back order.
We are working with our manufacturers to speed up the process and also working on component lead times - some items are up to 10 weeks!. Some large orders emptied our stocks earlier than planned.

RFD868's are available online ! - they are suitable for use in the EU market. The modems are otherwise identical apart from RF filters and tuning for the EU bands.
The firmware files for these is the same as the RFD900 files - the units are identified by coding within the bootloader which is set at the factory. The firmware reads this info and sets the frequency bands accordingly.

We are working on a couple of new modems, one for video + telemetry, and one for higher data rate in the 900MHz band. The 900MHz one will be compatible with the RFD900+, but be much more capable. We hope to have these ready in around 3-4 months.

RCLink is still on the to-do list, but, the new 900MHz modem (RFD901?), may be able to do PPM in and PPM out directly from the modem. So, not sure on the best solution here. Any thoughts on a good way to go about long range RC would be well received.

Also- we have been working on something for a while.. It is large, flies for a long time, and carries a lot. (Intentionally cryptic! ).. Hope to also be making announcements in a few months time.

Also, I would like to thank you all for your support in using our modems over the years. It is really nice to receive feedback on how they are going and what kinds of things people are using them in... Thank you !

Seppo
Hi Seppos,

Thank you for the updates!

The new RFD901? modem sounds like a great all in one solution. I wouldn't rule out a market for the seperate RCLink though for people that already have the RFD900 and RFD900+ radios. Myself included.

Can you provide anymore info on the radio for video + telemetry, such as frequencies used and such?
Impact RC is online now Find More Posts by Impact RC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2015, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by RC Man
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
19,081 Posts
Rfd 901

Also is the 901 1 watt or 100mw?
Diversity?
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 18, 2015, 04:06 AM
Find More Posts by Seppos
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Nov 2011
125 Posts
The video link is planned to be 2.4GHz ( i know it will be bad for normal RC... ), RFD901, same RF specs as RFD900+ (1W, with diversity), but new cpu and higher datarate, up to 1mbit/sec depending on signal bandwidth (to meet FCC requirements).
Seppos is offline Find More Posts by Seppos