HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2002, 04:29 PM
United States, NY, Fairport
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
new Terry

I picked up a Terry yesterday at a local club auction (thanks Greg Covey!!). What an easy build!! Its ready to go today. It came out at 19oz with a 7 cell 600AE pack.
The only mods were the addition of a light ply skid on the forward fuse and some clear packing tape on the top and bottom of the wing to stiffen it.
I should have installed lights so I could try it out tonight, ah well tomorrow will come soon enough. If anyone has any advice about any nasty habits pleae let me know. From what I've gleaned from this discussion area its a real joy.
Dave
dottney is offline Find More Posts by dottney
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2002, 04:41 PM
Humble, Texas
Joined Dec 2001
73 Posts
Dave,

You will love the Terry... I have 2 and have modified both with ailerons. Let us know how the fist flight turns out.
txrebel is offline Find More Posts by txrebel
Old Mar 17, 2002, 06:32 PM
oakdale, ny, usa
Joined Aug 2000
3,985 Posts
Adding the ply is a good move. That fuse breaks as if u were flying a loaf of Italian bread
poobs is offline Find More Posts by poobs
Old Mar 17, 2002, 09:00 PM
Tell that to George Zipp!
United States, IL, Inverness
Joined Oct 2000
1,819 Posts
Yeah. the kind that is pre-sliced

MIKE
mikeb33 is offline Find More Posts by mikeb33
Old Mar 19, 2002, 02:15 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Just flew my Terry with 7x600AE's for the first time today ( I got the kit 4 days ago-built it in one and half evenings). The thing leapt out of my hand with a firm toss and climbed away very smoothly. What a pleasant surprise, now I know what everybody has been talking about. The thing loops with ease and the stall turns are great. Can't roll it to save my life though. I guess its time to put ailerons on it. I got a bit too cold to try the 8 cell pack but was very impressed with the 7 cell packs I used.
This is going to be my "keep it in the car all the time plane" along with my electrostreak.
Can you order a replacement wing? I'd like to work on a new wing rather than use the one I have.
Dave
Last edited by dottney; Mar 19, 2002 at 02:18 PM.
Old Mar 19, 2002, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2000
2,600 Posts
Whoops, I just checked out the Hobby Lobby page and found the replacement parts for the Terry. Yep there's a wing there.
Dave
Old Mar 19, 2002, 02:38 PM
NY
Joined May 2000
2,165 Posts
Wait for the sale and get a second kit.....its worth it.
Alan W is online now Find More Posts by Alan W