HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 07, 2014, 10:17 AM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
999 Posts
Discussion
Esprit self launching power pod

Greeting Gents,

Decided to order one for my birthday but have not decided which glider to put it on. I'd love to know what everyone is using it on and what electronics are used.
As much detail as you care to post here. Like weight, props, electrons and mother in laws maiden name. And PHOTOS!!!!!!!

Thank you

LP
Slope P is offline Find More Posts by Slope P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2014, 12:55 PM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,832 Posts
Slope Saviour?
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jul 08, 2014, 07:23 AM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
999 Posts
Yes indeed.......too many scale glider don't get into air as they should. Aero tow events happen so infrequent .

How's that ASK?
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:13 AM
Dean
USA, CO, Littleton
Joined Apr 2005
3,832 Posts
Very slowly getting built. Lost a month of modeling to that virus. Now its a little to warm to do layups in the garage but I'll give it a try. I tried to get some flyers involved in aero-towing but not much success. I like that pod btw.
A10FLYR is offline Find More Posts by A10FLYR
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:45 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Dean.Whenaa are you gonnaa pick-up this bad boy.Let me kn ow,da Boss is gone for 2 wk's on a bike tour;so I can do what I want,except the dish's.You can stay overnite if you want,it's about a 11Hr round trip for you.Hope you are feeling better.P.M. me or post here,no biggie.Paul
dufek paul is online now Find More Posts by dufek paul
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:50 AM
Santa Fe NM
Joined Jul 2009
999 Posts
Yes the pod will make me self sufficient at least getting scale gliders in the air.
Took advantage of Esprit's 4th July 15% off deal. It looked to be well made but do wish fiberglass part is thicker. Those geared/outrunner motors with hi pitch folders have a lots of torque.

Club I belong to in Abq has monthly aero tow so C'mon down!

Like to check out Kenosha pass one of these days. How's LZ up there? With these big scalies it's all about LZs right?

Glad you're recovered........afraid that wasn't a good look for you. Hahaha!

LP
Old Jul 08, 2014, 09:57 AM
United States, CO, Delta
Joined Aug 2011
244 Posts
Yea Dean.You can pick this up and scoot on down to Abq,and show em how it's done.
dufek paul is online now Find More Posts by dufek paul