HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2012, 12:43 PM
Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHeliRC View Post
Package currently at custom right now. If it doesn't arrive here tomorrow, will ask them to drop ship to you.
That's good news!

If all goes well I should have mine in my hands by this time next week if not sooner, depends on how fast the mule train can get from AZ to MA with the package

I've decided for intial testing the X6 will be taking the place of the WKM on this...

Roughly 600mm motor to motor, Avroto 2814s, reflashed DYS 30A ESCs that I'll update to the latest SimonK firmware during the swap, Graupner 11 x 5 props, uses a single 4s 8000 or 5000 pack depending on how long I want to fly it for.

Current setup is a WKM with 5.06 firmware and Click and Go single waypoint, seems to be about the optimum setup for a WKM as this one flys perfectly in all modes and the position hold works really solid in both calm and windy conditions. I'll get a couple flights in with current setup before the swap just to make sure I have a good basis for comparison.

Once it proves itself reliable it will likely move to this...

And if it works exceptionally well it will go on this...

Now I sit back and wait...
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 01:49 PM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,994 Posts
Yep, I just paid the balance for mine today as well. Initially, I will probably replace the Naza on this new AG500-NX "crab"-style platform, which we are just starting to test. This is a purpose-built platform designed to get under the FAA's new 2kg/4.4lb limit, but still carry a decent size pack (4s-4400) and a NEX-5N/7. Anyway, I'm hoping that the YS-X6's gimbal outputs will work a lot better than the flawed DJI implementation on the WK-M/Naza.

The only problem is that the weight of the YS-X6 might be an issue with this particular setup, but we'll see. We are also working on a larger Y6 "lobster" platform, that will use six of these same 2216-800 SunnySky motors, and will be used primarily to carry my HDR-PJ710V. This will either get this YS-X6, or I'll get a second one, if it works out.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old May 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
Look forward to hear your review Ken. I hope it makes it onto the Cinestar throne
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Last edited by redridinghood; May 14, 2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old May 14, 2012, 02:25 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
613 Posts
Nice set up guys.

The case on the YS can easily be removed to save weight. I have seen they mounted on a 220mm micro quad. Not sure how much it would save though, might be quite a bit, since you got, gps/compass, mc, wifi... (might want to leave it for the imu... )
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2012, 02:30 PM
SMILE you're being recorded :)
Joined Apr 2010
755 Posts
Gotheli, I have a friend that will stop in NY Friday before heading back to Brazil.
If I manage to paypal you on Tuesday or Wednesday, do you think you can ship it to his hotel in time for Friday or later on Saturday midday delivery ?
Velociraptor73 is offline Find More Posts by Velociraptor73
Old May 14, 2012, 02:43 PM
http://gothelirc.com/
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Dec 2011
613 Posts
Sent you a pm.

hey guys, for all question regarding order ect... please either send me email or pm me. This thread is created by Fajar for share user and set up, I would like to give him the respect and not going off topic.

sales@gothelirc.com or pm me works.

Thanks
GotHeliRC is online now Find More Posts by GotHeliRC
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2012, 04:55 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
Yep, I just paid the balance for mine today as well. Initially, I will probably replace the Naza on this new AG500-NX "crab"-style platform, which we are just starting to test. This is a purpose-built platform designed to get under the FAA's new 2kg/4.4lb limit, but still carry a decent size pack (4s-4400) and a NEX-5N/7. Anyway, I'm hoping that the YS-X6's gimbal outputs will work a lot better than the flawed DJI implementation on the WK-M/Naza.

The only problem is that the weight of the YS-X6 might be an issue with this particular setup, but we'll see. We are also working on a larger Y6 "lobster" platform, that will use six of these same 2216-800 SunnySky motors, and will be used primarily to carry my HDR-PJ710V. This will either get this YS-X6, or I'll get a second one, if it works out.

-- Gary
what flying time do you think you'd be getting with the whole setup?
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 15, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Dec 2010
501 Posts
DJI got scared and released a Naza gps unit and probably preparing it's WKm II to face the YS-X6.
redridinghood is offline Find More Posts by redridinghood
Old May 15, 2012, 06:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Maybe they'll opensores WKM1 so everyone who dropped $1k on it doesn't feel as bad.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 15, 2012, 07:10 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redridinghood View Post
DJI got scared and released a Naza gps unit and probably preparing it's WKm II to face the YS-X6.

In the end, the consumer wins with competition in the market place.
Amazing how fast the industry changes.
Its fun to sit back and ride the wave.
UAVProducts is online now Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I like your definition of "wins".
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 15, 2012, 08:30 AM
South Orange County, CA
Joined Mar 2003
7,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fajar View Post
what flying time do you think you'd be getting with the whole setup?
I was getting about 11-12 minutes with my much heavier (5lb+...) F450 setup, with the same pack, so I'm guessing maybe about 15 minutes? I'll do some more accurate endurance tests, once I get this in the air, which will be today.

-- Gary
GGoodrum is offline Find More Posts by GGoodrum
Old May 15, 2012, 08:41 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGoodrum View Post
I was getting about 11-12 minutes with my much heavier (5lb+...) F450 setup, with the same pack, so I'm guessing maybe about 15 minutes? I'll do some more accurate endurance tests, once I get this in the air, which will be today.

-- Gary
Look forward for the update Gary, thanks.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old May 15, 2012, 08:58 AM
RTF copters maker
South France
Joined Jan 2008
1,185 Posts
Because of bad habits with other flight controllers, it is "only now" my very first GPS HOLD...
After good compass calibration (arrow must face the GROUND, not the sky !!!) and all subtrims to ZERO !

It is my basic QUAD XL made with 15x15 aluminium tubes, 3536 motors and 12" propellers. 2kg in flight...And the result is ....

YS-X6 GPS HOLD (1 min 34 sec)
maximus-rc is offline Find More Posts by maximus-rc
Old May 15, 2012, 01:37 PM
Love my Raven's!
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Mar 2007
8,044 Posts
listen to those motors wine
Are you using 8khz pwm settings?

cryhavoc38 is offline Find More Posts by cryhavoc38