Old Oct 05, 2010, 11:12 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Discussion
WALKERA 2801 TX, SWASHMIX(SWAATS) question

Hi guys,
I've built 2 helicopters, both the same setup, with the same servos, and gyro etc, same RX 2801E, all the settings are the same the only thing that I have to change is the swashmix. Why isn't the SWAATS settings the same? Why can't I use the same settings. Each one has different SWAATS settings.
Swashmix Settings for each heli

Heli 1

ELEV 50%
AILE - 50%
PIT 50%

Heli 2

ELEV - 50%
AILE 50%
PIT - 50%

Thank you

pitchp

P.S. I thought I'd ask here aswell since there might be users here that might know
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:36 AM
Filipino Expat in Saudi
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Apr 2004
578 Posts
Its because of the servos direction of travel. remember that in CCPM setup we first setup up the servos to move up and down collectively, we then adjust proper direction in SWASHMIX by changing the sign either + or -.

do you have different servos brand among those two choppers?
blimppilot@ph is offline Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:55 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
The servos direction of travel should be the same

Here's my specs http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1316231&page=3
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 06, 2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 07:48 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Check your channel reverse settings for all servos are the same and the servos (left and right ie pitch and aile) are in the same channels of their associated rx's.

Also servos orientated the same way..ie horn toward the front as opposed to the rear of the heli.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Oct 06, 2010, 08:58 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
done. checked. the same. i don't understand. i've pulled apart my 4g3 and put it back together, and it's the same swashmixes as my other one. Could it be my RXs wired incorrectly?? If everything else is the same, the swashmixes should be the same, is that right Amp??
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 06, 2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old Oct 06, 2010, 10:51 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Absolutely everything the same...yep swash mix neg and postitive values will be the same with maybe slight variation in the numerical value due to link length, servo throw etc.

Some servos actually move the opposite way to "standard" when they receive pulse. They may have revised the servo between your purchases.

Also just plugging the pitch servo and aile servo opposite vastly changes the channnel reverse and swash mix.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Oct 07, 2010, 02:03 AM
Filipino Expat in Saudi
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Apr 2004
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Some servos actually move the opposite way to "standard" when they receive pulse. They may have revised the servo between your purchases.

Also just plugging the pitch servo and aile servo opposite vastly changes the channnel reverse and swash mix.

Amp
+1 on this, if you really want to have identical SWASHMIX values on both helis you should setup your servos so that their "standard" movement is the same from gound up.
blimppilot@ph is offline Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old Oct 07, 2010, 02:22 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Absolutely everything the same...yep swash mix neg and postitive values will be the same with maybe slight variation in the numerical value due to link length, servo throw etc.

Amp
" They may have revised the servo between your purchases."

ohh crap, are you serious. they are the same brand, same model, different color casing. You hit the nail again. Cheers Amp!

P.S What did they change besides the casing? one is blue(older version) one is black(new version). The distance of travel is still the same, just the direction is different.. Turnigy could atleast change the label to "Turnigy 1440A V.2". Anyways, Thanks guys!
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 07, 2010 at 02:28 AM.