SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 17, 2015, 09:57 PM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Dec 2007
44 Posts
Discussion
TattleTale

I have fitted the TattleTale to one of my models to test the possibility of a brown out situation. I have done 5 flights so far and when I check it the led is green as it should be. If I lost signal the led would be flashing when I landed indicating a loss of signal. so when I switch the transmitter on and off on the ground why does't the led flash to indicate a loss of signal.
Do you have to program it to act like a data logger?
cellbuster is offline Find More Posts by cellbuster
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2015, 02:49 AM
Melbourne Australia
Joined Dec 2007
44 Posts
I found the answer else where in the forum It will NOT flash if you shut off the transmitter and deliberately cause a fail safe - unless - you have programmed the receiver's failsafe type to be 'OFF' (instead of either HOLD or USER).
cellbuster is offline Find More Posts by cellbuster
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:23 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,322 Posts
Correct!
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:58 PM
Garland
USA, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jul 2003
517 Posts
So from the factory XPS Rx has no failsafe and TTale wont flash green, But once I set a channel to user ( throttle to idle) it will flash?
Ghia is offline Find More Posts by Ghia
Old Feb 22, 2015, 01:10 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,322 Posts
By default our receivers are shipped with "hold last position" as their failsafe. You can set the live active failsafe at any time to set the failsafe for predefined positions.

The Tattletale won't flash unless the servo pulse goes away. To accomplish this with our radio system you must change the failsafe output to shut the servo pulse off. You should NEVER do this with an active channel. Use a channel you are not using or at least won't matter if the servo goes "limp" due to the lack of signal.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member