Would love to see B-25
JIMFRISKY is offline Find More Posts by JIMFRISKY
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 07:33 AM
Joined Apr 2013
972 Posts
DC-3, C-47, B-25, F4F, F6F, F8F,
Or a B-36B.

I forgot - I'd love a British Hurricane. They are so pretty. Plus this plane could fit into the price range and function of all the current UMX Horizon Warbirds! Me Thinks!
pjdog350 is offline Find More Posts by pjdog350
Last edited by pjdog350; Feb 21, 2015 at 07:39 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:05 AM
Australia
Joined Dec 2004
207 Posts
Yep here, here for a Hawker Hurricane that flies like the Corsair!
Peter Phillipps is offline Find More Posts by Peter Phillipps
Old Feb 22, 2015, 03:46 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,095 Posts
There are a zillion planes that I'd like and almost every one has been named several times but one of the non specific airplane things I would love to have is a really good FPV setup. Hi res and head tracking in a small, vastly overpowered plane as small as possible.

Vastly overpowered because I don't want to climb in slow circles wasting half my battery getting up to a reasonable altitude. Been there and a rocket like climb really helps, especially if you want scenic video to share.

Scale because why not? Small for the fly anywhere convenience. I had a pico Tiger Moth with a fixed camera and I often flew in the parking lot of a tennis court. I only had one complaint and that was a father who was upset that his father in law spent his time talking to me rather than watch his grand children play tennis.

Yup, I don't care if it's a B-17 or a MiG 15 but a hi res cam with head tracking (at least left and right) and a fantastic climb would make me part with a wad of cash very easily. Nope, not very interested in the Vapor FPV. I don't need low res. if I'm going to spend my money I want something that I'm going to like without reservation.

That's it, get to work guys. My credit card is almost paid off and soon I won't know what to do with all the money piling up in my checking account.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:00 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
13,215 Posts
Pete,

I agree with you 100%!

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
Old Feb 22, 2015, 06:07 PM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
There are a zillion planes that I'd like and almost every one has been named several times but one of the non specific airplane things I would love to have is a really good FPV setup. Hi res and head tracking in a small, vastly overpowered plane as small as possible.

Vastly overpowered because I don't want to climb in slow circles wasting half my battery getting up to a reasonable altitude. Been there and a rocket like climb really helps, especially if you want scenic video to share.

Scale because why not? Small for the fly anywhere convenience. I had a pico Tiger Moth with a fixed camera and I often flew in the parking lot of a tennis court. I only had one complaint and that was a father who was upset that his father in law spent his time talking to me rather than watch his grand children play tennis.

Yup, I don't care if it's a B-17 or a MiG 15 but a hi res cam with head tracking (at least left and right) and a fantastic climb would make me part with a wad of cash very easily. Nope, not very interested in the Vapor FPV. I don't need low res. if I'm going to spend my money I want something that I'm going to like without reservation.

That's it, get to work guys. My credit card is almost paid off and soon I won't know what to do with all the money piling up in my checking account.

Pete
The spektrum FPV setup is pretty good image quality, and let's face it- FPV isn't a 4K experience. Not even the Dominator HD's are true HD.

But then again, that's why this is a wish thread...
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:26 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
10,547 Posts
Quote:

Pete
I freaking love my Pico Tiger Moth. The damn thing is easier to fly, land, takeoff, than almost any trainer I've ever flown. To me I'd train anybody any day on that plane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julezwatts View Post
The spektrum FPV setup is pretty good image quality, and let's face it- FPV isn't a 4K experience. Not even the Dominator HD's are true HD.

But then again, that's why this is a wish thread...
Cinemizer OLED are true HD.
bhoov128 is offline Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:35 PM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
I freaking love my Pico Tiger Moth. The damn thing is easier to fly, land, takeoff, than almost any trainer I've ever flown. To me I'd train anybody any day on that plane!

Cinemizer OLED are true HD.
Too many people hate the Cinemizers to make them a legitimate contender (IMO) for FPV use. Sort of like you wouldn't buy a DJI Phantom. Sure it's a good product (Sort of), but for the most part I've found that 'mainstream' products aren't things that people in the hobby are all too fond of.

The image quality really depends on your VTx system. If your transmitter is only sending a signal for 480 image quality, having a 720 goggle display won't do much. We'll start seeing true HD (And higher) FPV soon at the rate it's currently progressing (Damn you FAA regulations!), but for now I don't really see it as something that's available for the vast majority of FPV'ers.
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 09:35 PM
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,805 Posts
I still want a Bugatti. Semi-scale is fine if it makes for a pleasant handling airplane.
dayhead is offline Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Feb 24, 2015, 09:18 AM
France, Aquitaine, Saint-Astier
Joined Mar 2013
67 Posts
I would like a Macchi folgore c202
fausto1 is online now Find More Posts by fausto1
Old Feb 24, 2015, 04:01 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,746 Posts
Waterman Aerobile?
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Feb 25, 2015, 05:22 AM
SlingWinger
San Bernardino, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
1,805 Posts
The Burt Rutan designed "Quickie" looks like a fun plane to model.

The full scale plane has great performance on low power engine.
dayhead is offline Find More Posts by dayhead
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:26 PM
BMFA 190658
United Kingdom, Yeadon
Joined Mar 2007
5,234 Posts
Any chance of a 280 Stryker?

I've an AR6335 template awaiting
SilentPilot is online now Find More Posts by SilentPilot
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone Ka8 telemetry install
Old Feb 25, 2015, 09:35 PM
MGA Aero Club Safety Officer
United States, GA, Eastman
Joined Mar 2014
40 Posts
I really would just love to have the PC software so I could have AS3X in aircraft I already own.
flyingdreamz is offline Find More Posts by flyingdreamz
Old Feb 25, 2015, 10:37 PM
FPVpilots do it remotely
United States, CA, West Hollywood
Joined Jan 2008
3,077 Posts
Quote:

Pete
100% agree, onboard 720p recording, kinda the remote head from a Mobius, sitting on a pan-mechanisms, they can do a turn (push pull) thing with the micro linear servos.

FPV SD video, embed flight-battery voltage in the video please..

I have been flying the little sport Cub S with a camera cut into the windshield the last week and am having way too much fun flying this thing. (and I don't even know how to fly fixed-wings but fly quads and CP copters with FPV) small light (sub 100grams) 10 minute endurance. just take my money already.

Bo
Bo Lorentzen is online now Find More Posts by Bo Lorentzen
RCG Plus Member