HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2014, 08:49 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Question
Suggest a Quadcopter to mount a Mobius camera on

Hey guys. I'm looking to get into some Aerial Video Recording, but on a budget (I'm currently attending college). I am not doing true FPV flying, but just hauling around a small camera on a quad. I am looking for a cheap, reliable quad that can carry a Mobius action camera for a price of $150 or less. I'm currently leaning towards the LaTrax (Traxxas) Alias quad. However, it is at the top end of my price range and the motors tend to go bad. I have found a supplier that sells much better replacement motors, but it is $30 for a full set of 4. Another option is the V262 from WLToys. It is half the price, but they apparently have terrible customer service.

Anyone who knows more about these two quads, or maybe knows of a better option than either of these two, please leave a comment.

Just a end note, I might be able to be flexible with my price limit, given some justification for the extra cost.

Thanks
iApple is offline Find More Posts by iApple
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:05 PM
United States, WA, Walla Walla
Joined Oct 2012
158 Posts
RC Logger Extreme would be better choice. Brushless motors!! You will want the battery upgrade and the bigger 150 props for better lifting. Also using the camera tray will help remove jello in video. Just use some Velcro to add Mobius to camera tray. It will also lift a GoPro if you so choose.
TonyTronicWSP is offline Find More Posts by TonyTronicWSP
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Iris fpv
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:42 PM
Joined Nov 2007
255 Posts
RCLogger Eye One Xtreme is a good choice. Just be aware the upgrades/accessories don't come cheap.
driverside is offline Find More Posts by driverside
Old Jun 20, 2014, 08:27 PM
Learning more each day....
United States, RI, Portsmouth
Joined Nov 2012
564 Posts
Lots of folks here and elsewhere reporting "extra" costs on the RC Logger, so it may not fit your budget once you are done with setting it up....read up on the Eye One Extreme threads.

The v262 lifts the cam easily and repair parts are cheap and available. It's probably the best in terms of true "budget" costs. Sure, you will have to replace the motors after awhile, but they are very inexpensive.

The v262 is a "toy", while the Eye One and others are the next grade up...but, again, your budget is going to be stretched when it comes to upgrades and parts.

I have take some great video with my v262's.
craigiri is offline Find More Posts by craigiri
RCG Plus Member