HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2013, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Discussion
Mrp electric opc tunnel hull

I had a gift boat by kit in box..Firstly I opened box and met a big surprize.The boat was not a toy as I hoped . It was very impressive a real rc boat also its own age about 23 years old ( the nostaljik one...)
I removed hull and reconstructed it and modified some ones ( building , esc , placed some electronics ). After then repaint to dark yellow plus applied decals that some ones original , some ones different...Finally I very love it...
Original outboard motor and canopy had a minor defects and I repaired . Also flexible shaft oftenly loosened but , I reoil and corrected defects . Result the boat and outboard motor respectable running on swimming pool and enough speed with stok motor. Rx and XL-5 esc from Traxxas , servo DS821 from JR and I used 2 + 2 cell lipo ( 14.4volt ) ...XL-5 no burned still I sharing some photos but I couldn't upload short video...
ersin is offline Find More Posts by ersin
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2013, 05:13 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2006
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
I had a gift boat by kit in box..0
My, I am really feeling my age now that plastic boats are vintage. But the decals are spectacular... About how long is it?
dodgy is offline Find More Posts by dodgy
Old Sep 10, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Hull only 22,5" ( 57cm) , nose to outboard motor 27" (69cm )... Original decals also 23 years old but they was perfect conditions , because stayed inbox. The only issue lack of some decals ( as mercury...) . So I added Hangar 9 decals instead of them and applied matt dop..
Last edited by ersin; Sep 10, 2013 at 02:27 AM. Reason: adding words
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:08 AM
Resistance is futile
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jul 2005
1,035 Posts
Sweet boat. Would love to see her run if you can get the video to work.
Great job fixing her up. I hope you enjoy her a lot. Well done.
circuitfxr is online now Find More Posts by circuitfxr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introspective on work and play
Old Sep 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
MRP tunnel hull test drive video

Video uploaded to below

Bud Light MRPspeed rc boat test (3 min 2 sec)
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:59 PM
Resistance is futile
United States, FL, Wildwood
Joined Jul 2005
1,035 Posts
That is a very cool running boat. Great job getting her going. Is that pool at a hotel? It sure is a nice one.
circuitfxr is online now Find More Posts by circuitfxr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introspective on work and play
Old Sep 18, 2013, 02:42 PM
Joined Feb 2006
23 Posts
Our apart building has a big pool also we entered after summer season and usually
doesn't swim anybody ( safe area )...So began my boat season I also modified traxxas villain ex and tested firstly in this pool but very very fast boat over shooted two times toward to out of pool , so I tried tests on the sea and result more satisfactory..
But after met to mrp tunnel boat , I forget my traxxas villain ex and nitro thundercat.31 since one month.Because improvement working on wintage boat very impressed me. Still , I very love this boat because I spent to many time for repair , modifications , painting and.....other actions. I'm rc scale aircraft modeler and I new begin boat modelling.