looks like the kit from a RCgroups member might be cheaper/more reliable
RDIII is offline Find More Posts by RDIII
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:45 AM
Build something.
United States, CT, Fairfield
Joined Mar 2012
672 Posts
Well the ME 109s are still going strong after lots of abuse. Here's one of our recent combat bouts & yes it was really foggy...

Nodd RC - 034 - Fog Fighters (5 min 24 sec)
Nodd is offline Find More Posts by Nodd
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:16 AM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
这个也很好啊,very good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDIII View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1012551

WHAT ABOUT THESE?
looks like the kit from a RCgroups member might be cheaper/more reliable
wdsu_27 is offline Find More Posts by wdsu_27
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
4 Posts
可是无法下载链接图纸啊?!
wdsu_27 is offline Find More Posts by wdsu_27
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2009
111 Posts
You should check out Nitroplanes.com as they have the same plane, but in green. Its made by Tech One and they also have a P51. Kit price is $33.95 for the BF109 and $34.95 for the P51. I have the BF 109 and it fly's great.
jstern429 is offline Find More Posts by jstern429
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:05 AM
Redacted per NSA "suggestion"
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Feb 2012
5,417 Posts
這裡是一個

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...9&d=1296604356
dedStik is online now Find More Posts by dedStik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: More Confessions of a Smoker
Old Apr 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
United States, NY, Lancaster
Joined Feb 2003
37 Posts
I'm building a HK 109 now and nearly finished. Yesterday I put the motor on the mount. I noticed it is angled to starboard. Is this the norm on your 109s or could this be the cause of difference in flying characteristics between your planes??

Ron P
Skeetpf is online now Find More Posts by Skeetpf
Old Apr 03, 2013, 07:51 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
672 Posts
A little right thrust is normal. It helps counter the motor's torque & the propeller's p factor that if left unchecked will cause a plane to turn to the left.
Old Apr 03, 2013, 08:00 PM
Joined Feb 2003
37 Posts
Thanks for the advice - I'll toss it in air the with more confidence

Ron P
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:10 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
672 Posts
Here's a few mods we found helpful for the HobbyKing 109...

Nose weight
The 109 has proved unstable when the CG is further back. Many of us have moved the battery forward & added weight to the nose. The recommended CG is 55-63mm from the root LE (balanced inverted). Most of us are running ours closer to the 55mm end of that range.

Ailerons
There's no need for the supplied aileron control arm extension. You can achieve the required throws using the regular control arm that comes with a 9g servo. We found the extension arm only serves to overload & stall the aileron servo.

Spend some time working-in the aileron hinge line to further reduce the load on the servo. Scoring the hinge with a sharp knife helps but note this also weakens it quite a bit. When it fails & it will, repairs with Welder glue produces a superior hinge anyway.

We've also played around with mounting the aileron control horns in closer to the fuselage. This lessens the diagonal load on the servo but possibly reduces the mechanical differential the stock position introduces.

Easy on the Elevator
You maybe tempted to dial in lots of elevator but excessive throw causes the h-stab to stall. This generally results in a death spiral-o-doom. Tight loops & high-g turns are not this plane's strong points.

Weak Tail
many of us have had the tail brake off during those not so perfect landings. Not sure why HK opted to end the carbon-fiber fuselage reinforcement where they did but that's exactly where the tail snaps off. We added additional CF back there & no one has lost a tail since.

Prop
We're using the Turnigy LD2816A 1350kv motor. After some experimenting we've concluded an 8 x 6 prop seems to give the best performance. APC's 8 x 6 Slo-Flyer works nicely.

Washout
The 109 comes with a rather odd inverted airfoil at the wing-tips. It almost looks like the wing is on upside-down The root airfoil is more traditional however. This blended foil along the wing is likely an attempt to reduce tip-stalling but to be honest, it's not very effective. Some of our club members have experimented with adding real washout to the wing. Basically twisting the wing while applying heat with a heat-gun (yeah, try not to melt your wing).

Floppy Wings
Although the 109 comes with what appears to be a carbon-fiber wing-spar, it performs as if it's plastic. You'll notice lots of wing-flex when pulling a few G-s. A couple of us beefed up the wing with proper CF spars & that resulted in a much stiffer wing. Does this make it fly any better? That's a matter for debate.

Combat Streamer
Although the result has been somewhat inconclusive, most of us attach our combat streamers to the underside of the wing rather than the tail. The theory here is with the streamer attached near the CG this frees up the tail so it can pitch & yaw without interference from the streamer. Sounds good on paper, in practice it's hard to say if it's any better. Some have even argued that the streamer on the tail actually provides a stabilizing effect *shrug*.

Anyway those are a few things we've come up with. Hope that helps.
Old Apr 06, 2013, 05:24 PM
Joined Feb 2003
37 Posts
....... well I tossed her in air the with more confidence today as I stated I would a few days ago. She left me hand and took off in in slight steady climb. Looking good. About 100 yds out I gave it right aileron. She came around into a slight dive.

...... took her home in 3 pieces. Split the wing in 2 and broke the prop. Gluing her up now and will toss her into the air with a little less confidence tomorrow.

Ron P
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:42 PM
Joined Feb 2003
37 Posts
..... well It.... flies!!

It took several crashes and some hot glue but it flies and flies nice. I like it. i think I had it under propped. Thanks for the advice
Old Apr 29, 2013, 08:43 PM
Build something.
Joined Mar 2012
672 Posts
Good to hear. We're still flying ours even though they're all pretty beat-up after many months of combat. I don't think anyone has busted one up so badly it couldn't be repaired though.

Have fun with yours.