HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 03:12 PM
the Netherlands
Joined Nov 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Hi Hugo,

I remember those flights last year! Wasn't there a CG problem or something the first time? You should be fine this time. On your floats, I haven't heard of anyone modifying the stock floats to 'V' bottoms (I bought a set of longer seaplanesupply.com V bottom floats but haven't installed them yet) I'd just make sure that the bottom of the vee's are straight and I'd also do a float test to make sure you haven't removed too much flotation (it will probably be fine). I'd make sure your water rudder centers properly EVERY TIME or things can get real interesting when you touch down! (don't ask how I know ).
I've also heard that it can be hard to break the suction on glass smooth water, some guys taxi around a bit to make some ripples in the water then takeoff through that area.

Best of luck, hope you have a great vacation, and look forward to seeing a new video soon!

Robin
Thanks Robin, I also remember the pleasant mail exchange. Here's some pics of the progress:

I glued the servo on, and I am still thinking about a splash guard of some sort. It is a high quality Hitec servo and a proper rudder, so it centers very well. Also need to balance the lot out, add some lead to the left hand float probably.

The float rudder servo is mixed to the air rudder, but I can switch it off so it returns to neutral. I think it is wise to land like that, and only use the float rudder to steer once floating.

Cheers,

Hugo
HugoW is online now Find More Posts by HugoW
Last edited by HugoW; Today at 03:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts