HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2009, 08:19 PM
Apalachin, NY
Joined Nov 2004
119 Posts
Question
Aurora balance question

Does the new Aurora 9 balance/hang level with a neckstrap without any aftermarket attachments?

Matt
M.Struck is online now Find More Posts by M.Struck
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 31, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm a feather on the wind
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Who sells an aftermarket balancer for a reasonable price that will work with the Aurora? Does Hitec have one?

Thanks,
Dave
CyberPilot is offline Find More Posts by CyberPilot
Old Oct 31, 2009, 01:58 PM
BlueGrass Rules
United States, IL, Dahlgren
Joined Nov 2003
1,097 Posts
Looks like there's a few of them out there. I like the looks of this one:

http://www.helicopterjohn.com/products/tb.cfm
Wonder if it'll work?
mando is offline Find More Posts by mando
Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:07 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Aurora Transmitter Weight Balancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Struck View Post
Does the new Aurora 9 balance/hang level with a neckstrap without any aftermarket attachments? Matt
No, slightly bottom down but quite level when the extended 35-72Mhz antenna is installed. Rarely use a neck strap and the feel both with and without the strap is very comfortable, I would not use any weight adjusters. (users do not always agree on what is the best balance position.) As an aside, transmitter re-balancing is requested by those using neck straps on almost all module based transmitters as both Antenna and Battery pack types may be frequently interchanged. IMHO the designers of the Aurora made the best compromise as it is much easier to add a small counterbalance at the top, as provided for the many other brands than to add what would be a much heavier counterbalance at the bottom when the extended 72Mhz antenna is being used as no doubt many will use the Aurora with existing 72 Mhz and other frequencies, for quite some time to come.

An Alloy Transmitter Weight Balancer, "-#55843 Transmitter Weight Balancer (Red Color)" as pictured, gives the best balance position for Hitec radios, such as Optic, Optic Sport, Eclipse and Aurora.
Available from May 2010.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 19, 2010 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Update .jpg of the latest neckstraps.
Old Nov 02, 2009, 06:20 AM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
My personal opinion is that the balance is way off and not "slightly down". Even with the TX battery removed the balance is off. But that's about the only thing I dislike with the Aurora, and as already stated there are many different balancers out there. I have ordered this one, looks nice and should arrive in a few days. Will report back.

Edit: The one I link to looks like the G-Force one that Alan linked to from Esprit Models, but at about half price.
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old Nov 02, 2009, 12:26 PM
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAN View Post
My personal opinion is that the balance is way off and not "slightly down". Even with the TX battery removed the balance is off. But that's about the only thing I dislike with the Aurora, and as already stated there are many different balancers out there. I have ordered this one, looks nice and should arrive in a few days. Will report back.

Edit: The one I link to looks like the G-Force one that Alan linked to from Esprit Models, but at about half price.

Please let us know how that one works. I am a neck strap user and I'm very interested in getting a balancer. I believe it was the G-Force or one very similar that gave measurements. Using my calipers to estimate where it would go on my Aurora, it looked like it might just squeeze in between the trim buttons but might still be a little in the way; it was very close.

Anyone else that uses a balancer for the Aurora please let us know how it works as well.

Thanks,
Dave
Old Nov 04, 2009, 05:26 PM
BlueGrass Rules
Joined Nov 2003
1,097 Posts
Got one from Helicopter John today. Real nice piece of work, fits perfect and feals great!
Old Nov 04, 2009, 05:46 PM
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Mando,

Thanks for the update on Helicopter John's balancer. It looks like a winner.

Dave
Old Nov 04, 2009, 05:52 PM
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Mando,

Can you post a picture from the top looking down on it.

Thanks
Old Nov 04, 2009, 07:25 PM
BlueGrass Rules
Joined Nov 2003
1,097 Posts
Here ya go.........
Old Nov 04, 2009, 11:17 PM
Orange County CA
Joined Apr 2003
711 Posts
Thanks Mando

Dave
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:14 PM
LAN
Sweden, Östergötland, Valdemarsvik
Joined Oct 2003
457 Posts
I finally received my balancer, see this post for details and some photos. It works very well.

/Leif
LAN is offline Find More Posts by LAN
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:35 AM
Kenny- Really!
USA, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Jul 2007
809 Posts
Must.... resist.......... must........ have!!!!!!!!!
exciter900rr is offline Find More Posts by exciter900rr
Old Mar 19, 2010, 08:18 AM
AMA 754
Phoenix area
Joined Apr 2004
1,608 Posts
I picked up one at E/F Expo this year for $10, made by Spektrum (#SPM6703), and with a minor modification, it works fine with the Aurora Tx. The part that slips over the existing strap attach point is just a few thousandths too long and the screw won't thread thru. I filed a tad off the end so the screw hole was centered in the attach point hole. No interference with the on/off switch and it's adjustable to suit your preferred angle of balance.
BobRCnut is offline Find More Posts by BobRCnut
Old Apr 01, 2010, 03:35 PM
Joined Nov 2005
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mando View Post
Here ya go.........
Could you please send me the size of it or a little drawing?
Markus05 is offline Find More Posts by Markus05