Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 27, 2009, 06:12 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Question
eclipse vs optic what are the performance differences

I am splitting up planes onto my optic 6 and my eclipse7. I am putting my twitchier planes on the Optic 6 because of the easier to access trimmers. Is there a difference in frame rate or range betweent the two TX's?

Thanks, Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:15 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,289 Posts
Range no difference, is the same Tx module and antenna.

What is frame rate ?

With some personal comments, owning both, the differences are:
- Optic has one more memory model 8 vs 7
- Optic has an additional timer, for motor. Eclipse has only one, for total Tx on
- Optic has modes lacking to Eclipse, like AILV
- the two lateral levers for upper channels are better ergonomicaly, imo, compared with top placement of Eclipse, which force you to release a stick to rotate ch6-7.

- the only minus known by me, programable mixers, Optic only 2 versus 5 Eclipse

You will be surprised that almost all plusses are at Optic side, except channels count, was my reaction too...
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Mar 29, 2009, 04:12 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FERNDALE AIR FOR
I am splitting up planes onto my optic 6 and my eclipse7. I am putting my twitchier planes on the Optic 6 because of the easier to access trimmers. Is there a difference in frame rate or range betweent the two TX's? Thanks, Tim
Direct answer in Negative.
Maximum Transmitter range, irrespective of brand, channel numbers, cost etc is governed by output and frequencies as permitted by government regulations in each different country. Permitted output is optimised in Eclipse & Optic Tx . (The receiver has the most significant influence on the operating range of a model, a user's eyesight being another factor).
Good reading:
A Computer Radio Primer, Featuring the Hitec Optic 6
Eclipse 7 Review
IMO, The more expensive Eclipse 7 is considerably sturdier and accordingly is used for my large GP models. The less bulky and lighter Optic 6 is used for my lightweight models, especially small EP Models, notwithstanding it has been used faultlessly with a 27% Extra.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:07 PM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,724 Posts
I wonder the difference is between Optic and Optic sport.
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:21 PM
Syracuse, NY (USA)
Joined Dec 2004
2,724 Posts
I found it.
http://www.hitecrcd.com/product/comp...adio_Chart.pdf
Block is offline Find More Posts by Block
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:12 PM
ferndale air force
Joined Jul 2006
3,095 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Block it appears that the Sport is not modular.

I have my Micros on the Eclipse with the DSM2 module, my Bug and a small wing. My parkfliers went on the Optic 6. I find the optic 6 to be the superior of the 2 radios, my 3 biggest "likes" are the ability to cheat my left thumb over to manipulate the trimmers, the throttle timer, and the positioning of the motor kill sw. I had an bl motor stay on with the eclipse and had to find the switch after a landing.

Tim
FERNDALE AIR FOR is offline Find More Posts by FERNDALE AIR FOR