HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2014, 06:22 AM
Joined Sep 2012
5 Posts
Help!
HK MultiWii 328P increases Throttle by itself

Hello from Germany (where nobody can help me )

I have more or less this Copter with his Board

When I arm the copter, the motors start up at the set idle speed. If I increase the throttle stick, they turn faster, but one of them gets faster by itself slowly, without me moving the stick. It also takes a decent amount of throttle until the other engines start to spin faster then.
I have to cut down the throttle and disarm the copter then. Unsurprisingly, I cant get the copter to start, it immediately flips over.

What I did so far:
- Check the motors and their direction
- Check the props (although it also happens without them)
- Calibrate the ESCs via #define ESC_CALIB_CANNOT_FLY

My TX is an Graupner MX-12HoTT and I have it connected with PPM-SUM. Everything is recognized fine in the GUI. Here are some videos of the problem (arming - more throttle- kepping the throttle at this level):

Copter: (pay attention to the sound)
Quadrocopter Problem (0 min 11 sec)

GUI:
Quadrocopter GUI (0 min 17 sec)

Is there some kind of new firmware for the Board? (I think it is on V2.3). I will try to plug every channel seperately in the Receiver now, maybe it is the PPM?
I dont know whats wrong, but it is my first copter, help me please

Edit: Here is my config.h
TheCrunch is offline Find More Posts by TheCrunch
Last edited by TheCrunch; Dec 21, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2014, 07:50 AM
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
3,574 Posts
This is normal and a common beginner's error. Without the copter flying the FC feedback control loop is not closed and the FC is trying to correct.
Just fly it.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:29 PM
United Kingdom, England, Herefordshire
Joined Oct 2012
252 Posts
If it is trying to flip you 100% have the motors plugged in the wrong way round.. Double check and try again. Everything else is normal
geebles is offline Find More Posts by geebles