HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:49 PM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver View Post
...The rapidly fluctuating input is the problem. Get yourself a more stable power supply with good regulation and you won't have problems.
^^This^^
loNslo is online now Find More Posts by loNslo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joined Dec 2002
279 Posts
I have just cycled an a123 cell, but i cannot see how to display the discharge capacity.(i can see the 2nd part of the cycle charge capacity, as it is still on the display)
pls advise...tks, steve
SteveM is offline Find More Posts by SteveM
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Dec 2002
279 Posts
Just seen how to do it.....important not to press "stop" on completion, as then can't historically see data.
SteveM is offline Find More Posts by SteveM
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:47 AM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
Just seen how to do it.....important not to press "stop" on completion, as then can't historically see data.
Watch out for that Stop button.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:49 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
One feacture which I always liked about the Hyperion chargers is that pressing Stop does not clear the charge / dischare data. This Data is retained until another charge is in fact started. They also retained the last X bunber of cycles in memory until another charge /discharge set of cycles was started.

It would be very nice IMO if all Sart Chargers f8nctioned like this and would be even better if they all could use a Micro SD card or such to store this data .

I am going to keep on suggesting / requesting the ability to store charge / discharge data to a Flash Mem. device until it starts to become a standard. A universal data formate that could be sharedamong the different brands of chargers would then make tracking / comparing LiPolys history very simple.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:12 AM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,539 Posts
I second that, holding the data until the next charge would be a good feature.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
843 Posts
Balance Charge Question

Fairly new to smart chargers and I have noticed that selectiong balance charge takes quite a while longer that regular charge even with same charge amps selected. Just trying to understand differences.
Tim
w4yn is offline Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:09 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,364 Posts
Increased time for a balanced charge depends on how much balancing is required, how much balancing power charger has, how well the cells are matched capacity wise and the termination voltage and charge rate used for termination point.

With non balanced charge you end up with less full cells unless you have extre,ly high quality LiPolys.

Simple test discharge a LiPoly do a non balanced charge and afyer charge finishes let it set 5 min. and then check cell voltages.

Discharge it again and do a balanced charge at the same charge rate then do the same 5 min. after charge test.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
Very very simple question that I'm sure is somewhere in this thread but is hard to find.

If I want to discharge a battery down to storage and it's a 2700mah 4S battery on a 106b+ with a 350W PS, what is the max I can set the storage discharge rate to? I can't figure that out for the life of me and I know it's a newb question. It is discharging at 0.89A despite me asking it to do it at 2.0A. How do I figure out the math?
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:30 PM
RC Helicopter Pilot
United States, CA, Westminster
Joined Mar 2010
1,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemaLife View Post
Very very simple question that I'm sure is somewhere in this thread but is hard to find.

If I want to discharge a battery down to storage and it's a 2700mah 4S battery on a 106b+ with a 350W PS, what is the max I can set the storage discharge rate to? I can't figure that out for the life of me and I know it's a newb question. It is discharging at 0.89A despite me asking it to do it at 2.0A. How do I figure out the math?
These charger don't discharge very fast.
Before I built a discharger, I used to set my charger to MAX discharge.
You can't hurt the battery.
TheWoodCrafter is offline Find More Posts by TheWoodCrafter
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,043 Posts
yeah, looks like it is discharging at 0.9A and won't go higher. probably easier to just fly the battery for 6 minutes on my quad and then charge to storage rates
BayAreaCrasher is offline Find More Posts by BayAreaCrasher
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:06 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,405 Posts
IIRC max discharge power on the 106b is 15W. 15 / (4 x 4v) = 0.9A
kgfly is online now Find More Posts by kgfly
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:14 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,450 Posts
The manual lists 20W but either way, it's going to take a good bit to discharge a large 4S pack.

IMO, using light bulbs or a discharged lipoly of the same cell count as a discharge load are much simpler and more effective means and won't cause undue stress on the charger.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:06 AM
Joined Apr 2007
18 Posts
I’m writing to give a BIG THANK YOU to Junsi for his awesome customer support. My iCharger showed the connection breakdown problem, and after several mails and problem persists, I have sent him the charger to find a solution. I have been many years in RC world and this is the best customer support I have never had in any other of my RC purchases.
thegamer is offline Find More Posts by thegamer
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
mostly gliders
Skellefteċ, Sweden
Joined Sep 2003
923 Posts
My new iCharger 306B, like it already, after only a few charging cycles :-)

Hi
Have just started to familiarize myself with my new iCharger 306B. I certainly do not need the charger capacity except the ability to discharge batteries with high charge. Thanks Junsi for a nice charger. The only thing I would wish for would be that the display was tilted.
There was a little problem with the usb drivers, but that's probably because of my overloaded computer.
Sitting right now and check out the storage charge in LogView program, 4S pack, 1 amp, Nice :-)

/Ville
liukku is offline Find More Posts by liukku