Old Dec 08, 2013, 01:48 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Fly-In
8th annual T.I.N.Y. March 7th - 9th 2014

Get ready for the eighth annual

Fly-In and Challenge it's just around the corner!!!

Wow guys, I can't believe I am getting geared up for our 8th T.I.N.Y.! It has been a great run for all of us that enjoy indoor flying. We are excited that it has lasted this long, and I hope we have many more years to come still. This event has survived the years because of all you that attend and spend your precious hobby dollars keeping it going year after year. If you had told me 8 years ago we would be able to pay the $3000+ dollars this event costs without a major sponsor, I would have not thought it possible. None the less the last two years the cost of this event has been carried primarily on your shoulders from your donations, raffle purchases, and landing fees! I am so proud to have been in this hobby and be able to have met and befriended people of your character. We have the best hobby in the world because of the people in it. You guys bring it every year, and I know this year will be no different. Thank you all.

Mark

Angelo R/C Inc is proud to be the hosting club and the event is still located in the wonderful San Angelo Coliseum where we have the biggest and friendliest indoor skies in Texas!

There will be on premises concessions, and plenty of pit area with ample electrical outlets. The floor of the coliseum is 100’ by 200’ with a 65’ minimum ceiling rig height and over 80' in the center! We will have a 16oz/3s limit on all models, and co-axial helicopters only. AMA membership is required to fly. We can honor AMA parkflyers insurance at this event as well. If you have lost your card, I can verify you through the web if you know your AMA number. Anyone I can't verify, will have to join to be able to fly per AMA rules! Please understand this is out of my hands.

At this point we are feverishly working on sponsorship. If we get some sponsorship, I do plan to lower the landing fees if not it will be as listed below. I will update the thread as soon as I have that info!

The landing fee will be $20 per day with 5 raffle tickets, or $50 for the 3 day weekend which will include 20 raffle tickets. While we will have a few scheduled events throughout the day, the bulk of the flying time as always is for open flying. This is going to be some serious fun, so don’t be the guy wishing you had come, get in your car and drive to San Angelo Coliseum, 50 E. 43rd St, San Angelo, TX. click here for map.

Please feel free to download and print our event flyer and post it at your local hobby shops.

We are planning to again to have a meal catered on Friday night about 6 pm. I am somewhat put off with the vendor we have used in the past and am now looking at other options. I will update the info as soon as we decide on a vendor.

Contests

The pattern contest(s) will be on Friday evening and we will have a freestyle event on Saturday evening that will be along the lines of the E.T.O.C. so you will need a 2 minute routine and soundtrack. It will be a great opportunity for skilled pilots to compete for first, second, and third prizes in a perfect indoor setting. The coliseum is equipped with a rocking sound system so this will be an awesome contest for pilots and spectators! We want to invite any and all professional flyers to come compete in this event, you won't find a better place to fly, or nicer folks than we have in West Texas. If you are planning on coming and want to compete or just hang out and fly, you will be welcomed.

Lodging

RV Hookups

RVs and trailers are always welcome at the T.I.N.Y. and you can park them just outside the Coliseum free of charge if you don't need hookups of any kind. If you need hookups, they are a short walk away from the Coliseum and the contact info for renting those is below.

Kermit Wendland @ 325-653-7785 (M-F) is the contact for the SA Stock Show / Fairgrounds who owns/rents the hookups.

Event Motel

In years past I have negotiated a group rate at the Inn of the Conchos. This is where most of you stayed the last few years, and they are very close to the Coliseum. They have a hot breakfast, high speed wireless, and a Cafe on the property as well. You can usually have a room with 2 queen, or 1 king sized bed. Smoking rooms are available. They require a 24 hour notice for cancellation. I am still working on a group rate somewhere and will even have some other options available for those of you who come in groups. More info to come.

Notice for lodging in general. Due to area wide demand, Motels have been very hard to come by during the week on short notice because of Oil Field workers that are in constant need of lodging. Please, please PLEASE make your reservations early as you can always cancel them if plans change. A bunch of new motels are currently under construction some of which may be available by March.

contact info:

We do have regional service here to our municipal airport via American Eagle. I can also provide a commercial address and free storage if someone does wish to ship some planes here to be waiting for them.

Some pictures of the venue:

aeronot is offline Find More Posts by aeronot
Last edited by aeronot; Dec 15, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2013, 01:49 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
I know it is shameless, but I had to beat Gary to the first post!
Old Dec 08, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Feb 2007
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronot View Post
I know it is shameless, but I had to beat Gary to the first post!
You should be ashamed.......
Txskywriter is offline Find More Posts by Txskywriter
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:09 PM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
well I put up this thread at 1:45 so the real question is: where is Gary? he must be under an electric blanket because I know he ain't flying in this artic air!
Old Dec 08, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, TX, Canyon
Joined Feb 2005
648 Posts
Oh I bet he is. Have you seen his last YouTube video with him using a transmitter glove flying in 27 degree temperature?

Royce
R&RRC is offline Find More Posts by R&RRC
Last edited by R&RRC; Dec 08, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2013, 08:06 PM
Flying...Pushing Air Down
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,523 Posts
Mark,

You don't count as first poster in your own thread!

Chad wins.

I been busy. Flying and stuff.

Gary
sr71fan is offline Find More Posts by sr71fan
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:04 PM
David H.
Midland, Texas
Joined Mar 2009
24 Posts
Woo Hoo!

At last,

I did a Woo Hoo before Gary.

Looking Forward to the fly-in.

David
davidh1900 is offline Find More Posts by davidh1900
Old Dec 10, 2013, 09:43 PM
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,523 Posts
WooHoo!

I was 2nd!

Old Dec 11, 2013, 08:23 AM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr71fan View Post
I been busy. Flying and stuff.

Gary
Were you singing your favorite Christmas carol?

Crashing in the snow, like every other day;

Cuz thats the way I roll, laughing all the way!

Now thats funny!
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:20 PM
Clovis, NM, USA
Joined Nov 2000
3,523 Posts
Yeah, but I have fun doing it!
Old Dec 14, 2013, 05:26 PM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Feb 2009
180 Posts
Im in

After building my micro F4D at the CAF I am working on a whole fleet of micro edfs
adgnade is online now Find More Posts by adgnade
Old Dec 14, 2013, 05:37 PM
Joined Jan 2008
129 Posts
Are those dates correct? That is Sunday thru Tuesday.
Lee Mitchell
lvmitchell is offline Find More Posts by lvmitchell
Old Dec 14, 2013, 07:12 PM
United States, TX, Midland
Joined Feb 2009
180 Posts
They cant be right
adgnade is online now Find More Posts by adgnade
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:16 AM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgnade View Post
They cant be right
they weren't, but now they are.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:17 AM
'Lectric Aficionado
USA, TX, San Angelo
Joined Mar 2006
683 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adgnade View Post
After building my micro F4D at the CAF I am working on a whole fleet of micro edfs
Well remember to post some pics as your fleet grows!