HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:29 PM
Everything is Upgradeable.
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Discussion
Newberry R/C Park

Created this thread so folks that fly at the Newberry Sports Complex can chat here. Its official name for R/C is Newberry R/C Park. flyers so far are not required AMA but common sense always prevails. We are currently flying facing the water tower. there is a covered area, electric hook ups and even wifi. bathrooms and water is available too. DO NOT drive over the baseball fields. around or center is best. Really nice people giving us a good chance at flying. There are 2 tracks next to us for cars. Sunday seems to be the best day since not much going on out there.

links for aviation weather.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...3#.Ugg58NKHt8E

link for Newberry Sports Complex
http://eastonnewberrysportscomplex.com/

Easton Newberry Sports Complex
Tel: 352.472.2388
Fax: 352.472.2375
Physical Address: 
24880 NW 16th Ave. 
Newberry, FL. 32669
Mailing Address
: Post Office Box 249
 Newberry, FL. 32669
postalflyer72 is offline Find More Posts by postalflyer72
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2013, 08:50 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
I have driven the RC track with my SC10, and I'm building a new 550 hex with video. So I'll be checking out the flying area also.

See you out there.
ErichF is offline Find More Posts by ErichF
Last edited by ErichF; Aug 11, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 09:11 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,456 Posts
I plan to drag the big hexa's out there on the 31st. Get some nice footage of the park with the NEX5.
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf
Old Aug 11, 2013, 09:32 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Maybe I'll bring out one of the S800s from work and do some "testing" :-)
Old Aug 11, 2013, 11:51 PM
gainesville FL
Joined Jan 2002
1,389 Posts
Had a ball today at Newberry RC Park!
Flew a few multirotors and my e-luminator wing.

I'm really enjoying this new facility.
Here are a few reasons I like....
Shade...nice pavillion/pole barn with benches to sit at
Power!....A/C power available...
Bathrooms..cuz when you gotta go, walking to the bathroom beats driving to the drugstore around the corner.
Wally brought us ice!
Did I mention that the wi-fi from the nearby indoor flying area (gym...which will also be available for flying at predetermined times...more on that later) reaches the pole barn?...yeah fwee internet rox!
say bybye to...oh I didn't get that email because i was out flying.....hello to omg someone just posted a pic of me flying on fb!
Nelson and I helped a new friend set up a Naza Lite....and were able to download drivers and manuals straight to his laptop with the insanely fast connection....
Last but not least....like the flat well cut surface we get to fly on.

Lets know when you're gonna be testing Erich!
I plan to return soon.
guyaneze is offline Find More Posts by guyaneze
Old Aug 12, 2013, 04:31 AM
Joined Jun 2013
15 Posts
Lonely and hot at SF field recently. Think I will head over to Newberry this morning around 11 and should be there by 1130. Haven't flown there yet but sure sounds like an upgraded opportunity for flying. Will bring a couple of planes and a small copter.
billreid is offline Find More Posts by billreid
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:38 AM
Out the Window
North Central Florida
Joined Jul 2004
1,241 Posts
Email from Wally

I just got an email from David Wallace (Wally) our contact with the Newberry RC Park. He wanted me to get it out to some of the flyers. Here is the email:

Mr Ray it's Wally.

The Newberry RC Park page is only a LIKE page so administrators can post stuff but visitors can only reply or post only in the Timeline.

We created a sisters site called Friends of Newberry RC Park so that hobbyist like yourself can post stories, pictures, videos or pt stuff up to buy, sell or trade with others. basically anything RC related.

Here is the link to that page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Frie...ewberryRCPark/

If you would be so kind to pas it along to your fellow flyers so they can participate as well I would greatly appreciate it.

We try to share info between the pages but the original LIKE page is where the main info and updates on the park are located.

I did change the URL so it points in the right direction.

A lot of flyers showed up at the Newberry RC Park yesterday and we all seemed to have a lot of fun. Guyanese did a great job summing up the advantages to the location for the flyers. It was very hot yesterday, but the shelter and a couple of fans made it much more tolerable. I thought if we were out at SFCC without much shade and no fans, everyone would not have been able to fly as long.

We really do need to respect the privilege of being able to fly at the Newberry location. Lets fly safely, clean up after ourselves, respect others using the park and not damage anything in the park.

Ray
High Flyin' is online now Find More Posts by High Flyin'
Last edited by High Flyin'; Aug 12, 2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:44 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
I have a question as to how to drive out to the field. I've attached a pic of the site, with two routes to take to the pavilion.

Which is the preferred route to the field, red or blue?
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:47 PM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Red is the one used the most. Some use the blue too. I use the red one. Parking up to it is allowed so far but keep in mind the 2 fields next to the pavilion.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:55 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
Thanks, Nelson. When I first went out to the Car track, I drove the perimeter all around the east side and ended up on the wrong side of the track! Everything is just so nice and new that no good tracks exist to ID preferred routes. I don't want to drive on nice grass if I can avoid it.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:16 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Apr 2012
130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichF View Post
I have a question as to how to drive out to the field. I've attached a pic of the site, with two routes to take to the pavilion.

Which is the preferred route to the field, red or blue?
I asked Wally about the correct route and he specifically said that he did not want us to use your red route or your blue route. He said it was ok for yesterday since we didn't know what he wanted. He actually is going to want us to come in using a route farther south than your blue route. It will be south of and around the two southern ball fields. He said that he plans to post some signs showing what he wants. He is concerned about driving over water lines, possible pedestrian traffic, and balls flying over the fence from ball games. I think he also is going to want us to park more toward the northern bathrooms (to keep away from fly balls and water lines, I think).

I may be wrong but that is what I understood. Perhaps there will be signs before next weekend.
jlumens is offline Find More Posts by jlumens
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:29 PM
USA, FL, Gainesville
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
I would like to get clarification on that. Because the other way that gets you to the cars. It's the same type of circle as the red one. It's just driving around the backside. The parking is another issue. Too many vehicles would have to be parked elsewhere. Boris or Wally will probably give us more info.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:36 PM
Joined Jun 2013
15 Posts
Retirement is good. Made it to Newberry about 1130 today (Monday) and flew my EP Cessna 310, EP Piper Archer and EP heli. It was hot with gusty winds. Didn't stay long but got a feel for how nice this flying site is and I do very much agree that the privilege of flying at the sports complex is one we should care for and respect.
billreid is offline Find More Posts by billreid
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:46 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
Saw ya over there. I was out with my boys driving the RC trucks around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billreid View Post
Retirement is good. Made it to Newberry about 1130 today (Monday) and flew my EP Cessna 310, EP Piper Archer and EP heli. It was hot with gusty winds. Didn't stay long but got a feel for how nice this flying site is and I do very much agree that the privilege of flying at the sports complex is one we should care for and respect.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 09:50 PM
Gainesville, FL
Joined Jun 2004
168 Posts
The Perimeter route is how I got to the Car track the first time I went out there. I took it all the way to the water tower looking for a path to the track, but just parked on the far berm and operated from there.

My guess is that he wants us all to go the perimeter route to the back of the Ball School, then towards the Astronomy pads? Going all the way around to the back bath house would be an option, too, but a hike across the fields to the pavilion would suck with a bunch of gear.

I drew the different perimeter routes in the attached map to show what I'm talking about.

I'm sure it will work out fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlumens View Post
I asked Wally about the correct route and he specifically said that he did not want us to use your red route or your blue route. He said it was ok for yesterday since we didn't know what he wanted. He actually is going to want us to come in using a route farther south than your blue route. It will be south of and around the two southern ball fields. He said that he plans to post some signs showing what he wants. He is concerned about driving over water lines, possible pedestrian traffic, and balls flying over the fence from ball games. I think he also is going to want us to park more toward the northern bathrooms (to keep away from fly balls and water lines, I think).

I may be wrong but that is what I understood. Perhaps there will be signs before next weekend.