HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:29 PM
United States, NY, Yaphank
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
Question
Whats different when the ACC is turned on?

Im a newbie still, and trying to learn.....I know a 1000 times more now than when I started but need to learn so much more.

I want to know what the difference is between when the Multiwii board is switched ON and when its normal. Not sure if im using the correct terms....

When I start my copter I can feel that the gyro is working, but what is the difference when I hit the 5th channel to ON.....do more things come into play or is it just a more intense interaction of the systems on the board?
Ed
bigheaded5 is offline Find More Posts by bigheaded5
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2013, 11:59 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheaded5 View Post
but what is the difference when I hit the 5th channel to ON.....do more things come into play or is it just a more intense interaction of the systems on the board?
Ed
well that would depend on how "you" configured the board in question? so if you programed ch5 to do something it will do it but if you havent bothered to setup the board yourself flipping the switch will do the exact same thing as adding 0 to 0

0+0 = 0

you dont put nothing in? you get nothing out

now the acc question? when switched on the acc will snap your quad to absolute level but again you need to set that up yourself yea? ie no tuney acc no expect acc to make quad level

you get the most entertainment from noobs who think buying dji whatever will make them the next Steven Spielberg lolthen they fly get into trouble flip return to home switch and watch quad fly away why? did they bother to tne gps? nope! did they put in the correct declination for thier contry? nope! did they calibrate their mag? nope! did they expect the quad to return home even though they did nothing to set it up and tell it where it was and how to get ack to point A?? HELL YEA! payed hundreds of dollars right? expect working hardware! do not expect to have to learn about each sensor onboard justwant it to work like that other chaps quad did in the video
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 27, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
LO Well a NOOB I am, but calibrate and program my board i did....unfortunately before I switched from a 4ch to a 8ch I crashed it and did something to the board (thinking I damaged the acc)

So, my question answered by you is....It simply switches from ONE programming parameters to another? Allt he sensors are working in both cases,?
Old Apr 28, 2013, 09:24 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
yep

just think of it like a light switch and your "tuned" sensors as lights in your case switching on acc is manifested as suddenly returning to level if you were in light off mode (gyro only) and flickedthe au/ch5 or whatever switch you programmed

you just want to know about what it does or are you still trying to diagnose problems?

btw i wasnt calling you a noob but if it helps im a noob too and i built my 1st tricopter a few years back now
neobot is online now Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 30, 2013, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
138 Posts
Im just trying to get a grasp on what PFM (Pure F___ng Magic) happens when I flip that switch. Are there different settings to adjust on the firmware for when its turns ON and OFF? Am I to understand that....when the ACC is turned OFF its GYRO only, but when its turned ON its GYRO, ACC and MAG?
Old Apr 30, 2013, 05:38 PM
gyro, simonk n call it a day
United States, NJ, Hamilton Township
Joined Jan 2013
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheaded5 View Post
Im just trying to get a grasp on what PFM (Pure F___ng Magic) happens when I flip that switch. Are there different settings to adjust on the firmware for when its turns ON and OFF? Am I to understand that....when the ACC is turned OFF its GYRO only, but when its turned ON its GYRO, ACC and MAG?
With multiwii you are going to have to connect your FC(flight controller) to your
PC and set what you want CH5 to do (via GAUI), or atleast figure out what it is already programmed to do. Don't flip the switch until you know, I would suggest not to fly it until you know. Im not going to write what each sensor does but two seconds of snooping around is all ya need. There are gyro's, accelerometers, magnetometers, barometers, GPS sensors. Welcome to the hobby, fly responsible
lockwood is offline Find More Posts by lockwood