HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2013, 08:12 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0keman View Post
Hey, thanks for the reply. I went to the site and did a search. The most recent results I can find is a bunch of people complaining that the manufacturer won't return e-mails or posts and they can't purchase the kits and parts or even instructions. It looks like a very good machine. Sounds kind of old from the posts and videos on youtube. I am not worried about software, as I can get what I need easily. I just prefer drawing things up in sketchup because it's so easy to use. I just want a cnc machine that will cut stuff out of fan fold foam and thin carbon fiber and wood. I guess that depends on the cutting tool? I would definately go with a large cutting tool.
You definatly want a gantry router for cutting wood and to do CF you will need a proper dust collection system and tooling.

I designed my own router but at the time the Joes routers were the one of the best DIY routers. They have been around for a long time and have been revised several times and iterations.

Here is a pic of mine when it was clean and new, lol.
http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/s...78&postcount=1
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2013, 09:09 AM
Keesler AFB, Biloxi MS
Joined Sep 2004
43 Posts
@RCROBBY that thing looks amazing. I would love to build one like that.
L0keman is offline Find More Posts by L0keman
Old Jun 04, 2013, 09:27 AM
Laser Cutter Guy
United States, PA, Greensburg
Joined Oct 2009
245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0keman View Post
@RCROBBY that thing looks amazing. I would love to build one like that.
Thanks,
I think I had about $2400 in the building of it and I had a buddy TIG it all together for a case of beer, lol. It has been working good for about 6 years now.
RCROBBY is offline Find More Posts by RCROBBY