Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:53 PM
Suspended Account
Australia, NSW, Malua Bay
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Discussion
Bye bye Micro-Community

Wow Guys,

What a awesome lead up to the new year, New helicopter and new forum.

Ive tried very hard to contribute and be positive but due to a few unforseen problems im having, Ill no longer be able to complete my Mod threads and Feasibility studies as it seems im having difficulty adhering to the forum posting rules.

I thank you all for subscribing to my threads and PM'ing me with appreciation and support.

I know ive made 2 innapropriate comments and for that i would accept the punishment. But it seems everything i type is provocative or inappropriate so ill not be contributing anymore, nor finishing my threads.

Thank you very much guys ive had a wonderful experience and had a great collaboration of knowledge.

please dont message this account. I sent my email to the people that wanted it.

Bye bye and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Diablos is offline Find More Posts by Diablos
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:13 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
The administrators of this forum are idiots and they need to get a life. I have been slowly moving as well. More power to ya. Happy New Year!
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFDelie View Post
The administrators of this forum are idiots and they need to get a life. I have been slowly moving as well. More power to ya. Happy New Year!
I'm guessing they think rcgroups is too big to fail...has happened to much bigger orgs than this one!
flightsfancy is offline Find More Posts by flightsfancy
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Ive been monitoring the feed back and found it overwhelming... Its a large majority that think the reporting system isnt enforced correctly (to word it very mildly).

Its funny, If it was run a little more professionally instead of a free for all IRC chat, Jim Bourke may actually triple at the minimum, his cash flow for subscriptions which would lift it by a factor of 300%. 300% inscreased profitability for telling admins and mods to take a little more due care warning people.

Please post your feed back, ive emailed Jim twice already and id love to send a 3rd message linking him to all the posts in which people feel wrongly done by.

Of 5 off warnings ive been given ill accept 2 of them (barely, they are very touchy) but the other 3... And i suspect ive got more warnings in the pipeline as someone is obviously spamming the report button on my posts.

Ive got messages telling me to go **** myself... Nothing done about it....

Ive copied and pasted everything posted to dont be scared of typing, ill catch it before its removed as i run an IP-COP box that caches everything, i have a timestamped copy of everything i browse on the internet. Just google transparent proxy caching if youd like to know more.

I want to owner to know why he is loosing revenue. I know when he looks at the questionable content while making a business decision as to whether he wants mine, and my 3 friends $50. ($200 in total for annual memberships).

Poll - Would you currently spend $50 to upgraded your account or would you prefer an overhaul of the current system to guaruntee your future investment.

This site COULD be very profitable, Emphasis on could.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
UPDATE -

emailed sent to

Jim Bourke
Owner | Publisher

Jim T. Graham
User Account Manager | Advertising | Site Design

Amy Wagar
User Services

Their email response will be the director factor as to whether i invest my time and money into the community.

I would ask them to review my last 30 posts and my PM inbox as well as freind requests (people who added ME) while making a business judgment. I dont want preferential or special treatment. Just a fair go, a opportunity to defend my intellectual property and character without fear of persecution (suspension and bans)

Ive cleared cookies and cycled my proxies.

I have a redundant version of everything ive typed on my IPCOP box.

I used to own a Data Hosting company called Molten-Servers, Im very experienced with SQL injections and forum portals. I still have acess to QUALITY datahosting for free on the TRANSACT backbone (fastest in AUS).

How would we all feel about a new and improved forum on PHPNUKE or a similar self optimizing portal.

In short a new fancy looking website that looks nicer then RCG, without the nonsense, Dont wanna say too much here but it would have the EXACT same content without as a starting template (including the content).

Ive built data hosting companies, Sold game servers, Managed Telco stores and currently do software engineering.

Would take me a matter of hours to have it completely live.

Unless this Micro-Heli forum is addressed ill take the initiative to build us all a sanctuary.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
You've got my understanding, support and help regardless which way we take this.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
Advice i have been given is.

After taking the hour to type all my observations of lack of integrity while moderating this site

"Please post in the correct section being "Site suggegtions and complaints""

That was all...

I pushed it first with another 3000 words,

reply was "Are you asking me to delete your account"?

I will not name names. But understand the inconsistencies BEFORE UPGRADING TO PLUS SUBSCRIPTION.

I will share my personal experience as horrible and personally feel this website has profitable potential, Just being steered into the rocks.

My experience for saying this is i managed a Telstra store for 3 years and owned a Data-Hosting company.

These opinions are that of my own.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:54 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
That one could reach these conclusions in only 5 days is....... impressive.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
85 Posts
This THREAD is with JIM BOURKE (owner or RCG, not Jim tha admin). He will view this post. Please outline the MAJOR problems that need correcting.

Ive pointed out the flawed reporting system, and taken the time to recommend a more efficient and effective system.

Tell Jim WHY YOU WILL NOT SPEND MONEY and more importantly THE REASONS.

Created a review opportunity for Jim to connect to his community and get feedback on whats working and what isnt.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:18 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablos View Post
Ive been monitoring the feed back and found it overwhelming... Its a large majority that think the reporting system isnt enforced correctly (to word it very mildly).

Its funny, If it was run a little more professionally instead of a free for all IRC chat, Jim Bourke may actually triple at the minimum, his cash flow for subscriptions which would lift it by a factor of 300%. 300% inscreased profitability for telling admins and mods to take a little more due care warning people.

Please post your feed back, ive emailed Jim twice already and id love to send a 3rd message linking him to all the posts in which people feel wrongly done by.

Of 5 off warnings ive been given ill accept 2 of them (barely, they are very touchy) but the other 3... And i suspect ive got more warnings in the pipeline as someone is obviously spamming the report button on my posts.

Ive got messages telling me to go **** myself... Nothing done about it....

Ive copied and pasted everything posted to dont be scared of typing, ill catch it before its removed as i run an IP-COP box that caches everything, i have a timestamped copy of everything i browse on the internet. Just google transparent proxy caching if youd like to know more.

I want to owner to know why he is loosing revenue. I know when he looks at the questionable content while making a business decision as to whether he wants mine, and my 3 friends $50. ($200 in total for annual memberships).

Poll - Would you currently spend $50 to upgraded your account or would you prefer an overhaul of the current system to guaruntee your future investment.

This site COULD be very profitable, Emphasis on could.
Did you report those messages?
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jan 01, 2013, 07:26 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,309 Posts
So, let's get this straight.

You joined RCGroups on 26th December, less than a week ago.

You haven't been able to operate within the site rules and have accrued some infraction points as a result.

You go on to make all sorts of unwarranted, unjustified and unsupported allegations about cashflow, revenue and profitability of this site, based on having been here for five minutes.

On the basis of that you expect the site owner to turn over the entire, long established, largest, most active and most successful RC hobby site on the internet, to a different software platform, that you will provide and host, just because. The subtext is that if the management here do not agree to address your demands that you will create an alternative forum to discuss the tiny part of the hobby that you are concerned with.

Best of luck in your proposed new website venture. Do be sure to post a link to your new website in the appropriate forum - Other Websites.
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jan 01, 2013, 10:22 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,453 Posts
So who was you in your past life on RCG Diablos ?
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:19 AM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
So who was you in your past life on RCG Diablos ?
This is jumping to conclusions.

It is hard to deny that Diablo has some valid points that cannot be ignored. How long he's been here does not have much to do with that. I've been here since 2008 and I see some of his points; yes he is quite vocal about it, but he is being respectful along the way . He also does have a large capacity to contribute creative content unlike me and many others that have been here a long time.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 11:32 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsfancy View Post
This is jumping to conclusions.

It is hard to deny that Diablo has some valid points that cannot be ignored. How long he's been here does not have much to do with that. I've been here since 2008 and I see some of his points; yes he is quite vocal about it, but he is being respectful along the way . He also does have a large capacity to contribute creative content unlike me and many others that have been here a long time.
I am not going to debate the validity of his points one way or another with you. Common sense tells you he has been here before and shouldn't be posting at all most likely. I did some digging in the micro heli forum and I am 99% sure I know who Diablos has been in his multiple past lives.
Hance is online now Find More Posts by Hance
Last edited by Hance; Jan 01, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:21 PM
Joined Jan 2008
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
I am not going to debate the validity of his points one way or another with you. Common sense tells you he has been here before and shouldn't be posting at all most likely. I did some digging in the micro heli forum and I am 99% sure I know who Diablos has been in his multiple past lives.
Ok.