HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:35 PM
Joined Oct 2011
1 Posts
Discussion
S108g problem

Hi,
I couldnt find this particular issue in another thread, so I started a new question.
My problem is, the heli will take off, but soon after taking off, the balance bar seems to hit the rotors, which causes it to crash. Nothing seems to be bent, and everything looks to be like it was originally, but it just wont fly right now. Yes, it has been crashed numerous times. Any ideas? Ty in advance for any advice.
Tuskie is offline Find More Posts by Tuskie
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 01:35 PM
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
Might seem obvious, but maybe the connect buckle (I call it the dog bone) became disconnected or came off. Without it the balance bar would slap against the top blades and it wouldn't fly right. Another common issue I get with the mini Syma's is that after too many crashes, the plastic nubs? that are at the top of their intershafts break. This would cause the top blades to not sit right in the upper blade grip (I'm pulling the part terms from the syma website). Lastly it could be an issue with the metal rod that holds the balance bar coming loose or maybe even the balance bar being warped. Hope this helps.
weezarc is offline Find More Posts by weezarc