HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:36 PM
Foam Rules, Gravity Sucks
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcsaba View Post
You have to create wind areas, but this can be done at Creator level only.
I could pass to you the PXQ file, but the wind area definition is not easy, therefore I will make a new Citadella version, for you, next week.
I have done wind definition for other slope sites I have converted (some from freeware intended for other Sims), and yes, it's sometimes far from easy, one so far has beaten me completely for reasons I cannot fathom, but at least four have ended up OK.

I'll leave it up to you, thanks a lot!!
Bravedan is online now Find More Posts by Bravedan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:33 PM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravedan View Post
OK, so I have downloaded it and had a look around.........

The lighting is very good
The sky is great, artefact free, very nice to fly against.
While generally the bumpy ground effect works well, there are some traps in the runway surface where when taxiing you can get stuck and have to "B" key out of it.

I guess intended to represent bumpy ground?

Is this what you are looking for??
Thanks a lot.
This is I was expecting.
As far as the image quality is concerned it is the work of EPPforFUN.

No, the runway is not bumpy.
The reason of the problem that it is made out of several h-maps tilted and shaped, to have concrete surface, which is covering the ground as perfect as possible while the surrounding is grass.
The fitting of parts is quite difficult. EPPforFUN has found some points of stucking.
I have corrected some but there are some more.
If I can correct I will, if not, sorry but I have to say that the runway can be used by small models only to the directions of the far sides.
As to Citadella, I have already made the upwind areas and made some modifications. If ready I will upload.
lcsaba is offline Find More Posts by lcsaba
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
I have done wind definition for other slope sites I have converted (some from freeware intended for other Sims), and yes, it's sometimes far from easy, one so far has beaten me completely for reasons I cannot fathom, but at least four have ended up OK.

I'll leave it up to you, thanks a lot!!
Sorry I have forgotten to thank for your kind words about Budapest and the flying site.
I have made some wind areas, but you can play with it as I am sending the PXF and PXQ files.
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Citadella_PXF.zip
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:09 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
OK, so I have downloaded it and had a look around.........

While generally the bumpy ground effect works well, there are some traps in the runway surface where when taxiing you can get stuck and have to "B" key out of it.

The plane is stuck even though it is on full throttle. Again, going the other way its just a bump that adds atmosphere and works well!!
I have tested again.
Can not find the model you are using, therefore selected Addiction.
I have found those two points which are shown on your screen shots.
I could modify both areas.

Please check again. Thanks in advance.
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/RCRC_PXF.zip

Something else. EPPforFUN has realised that the concrete material of Phoenix not smooth enough for small front wheel models.
If the surface is a plane covered with concrete it is bumpy and even the model like U Can Fly can be stucked.
I tested ice, it is smooth.
Last edited by lcsaba; Jan 21, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
372 Posts
Quote:
Sorry I have forgotten to thank for your kind words about Budapest and the flying site.
I have made some wind areas, but you can play with it as I am sending the PXF and PXQ files.
http://members.iif.hu/laszlo.csaba/Citadella_PXF.zip
OOOH THANKS!

Have just downloaded and the zip opens OK, I'll go further a bit later, but wanted to say thanks now for the quick work.

Have had another play with Huntsville. I actually like the slightly bumpy runway, and if the few more major steps stopping taxi-ing could be reduced I'd say it was nicely done all round and a lot more "realistic" than a perfectly flat surface.

Here are a couple more stop points with the Adreniline, which gets its tail wheel caught. I have not been able to taxi through the furthest openings in the fence, the Ady is a short wingspan plane that tracks well and I'm pretty sure I'm aligned, so maybe I'm just rubbish or maybe you didn't "open" those two gates? (can't blame you if you didn't, but I don't know if you wanted it testing so I tried!!)

Have had no trouble getting it through the nearer gates and around the pits and back out again, with the exception that it is quite easy to get the tail wheel stuck on the edge between main tarmac and path to pits, viz:-

Personally, I find Creator so unwieldy I'm grateful to get a flat plane and a skyline or two working on my efforts!!

PS When I was a Beta tester on V2 it was being said then that a much better Creator was in the pipeline. I was more keen to be able to add models in the way I did with MSFS and MSTS. Being limited in even re-skinning because you cannot remap was a major disappointment to me, even if it is still IMO the best RC Sim..
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:14 AM
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
372 Posts
Quote:
Can not find the model you are using, therefore selected Addiction.
It's the Max 3D with a Great Planes "Reactor" skin applied!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:

Have just downloaded and the zip opens OK, I'll go further a bit later.

Here are a couple more stop points with the Adreniline, which gets its tail wheel caught. I have not been able to taxi through the furthest openings in the fence, the Ady is a short wingspan plane that tracks well and I'm pretty sure I'm aligned, so maybe I'm just rubbish or maybe you didn't "open" those two gates? (can't blame you if you didn't, but I don't know if you wanted it testing so I tried!!)

Have had no trouble getting it through the nearer gates and around the pits and back out again, with the exception that it is quite easy to get the tail wheel stuck on the edge between main tarmac and path to pits, viz:-
I have find the reason of that bugs.
Those gates were open but one was a little bit non correctly located.
I have made the necessary modifications and uploaded the new PXF file and added the PXQ.

If you have or had time and step back several pages, you might see that this Huntsville project supposed to be a team effort.
EPPforFUN made the final pano and testing and I am doing the manual work using Creator.

As you are the only one who is willing to help this project, the final testing is supposed to be made by you.

Threfore you have to say that the project is completed and EPPforFUN might accept this.
Thanks for cooperation.
As testing is the more important stage of a SW project, if wish your name will be added to the "description text"
Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:42 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
yeah, i like the site, but the runway is terrible. tons of places that the plane will get stuck taxiing around. i had the t-28 out and found at least 10 places you can't taxi. also really messes with your landings when you come in and the plane just tilts and snaps the prop.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Jan 22, 2013, 02:43 PM
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
yeah, i like the site, but the runway is terrible. tons of places that the plane will get stuck taxiing around. i had the t-28 out and found at least 10 places you can't taxi. also really messes with your landings when you come in and the plane just tilts and snaps the prop.

Well, don't know about numbers of points, but yes the T28 (just tested) is particularly vulnerable. It trips almost immediately from the main start position at certain acceleration speeds.

However the Stinson (equal size lightweight but taildragger) glides over the same places like there is no step at all.

The PT-17 is as awful at groundhandling as it always has been, and the bumps don't help, but then that crock of the unspeakable would trip on its own shadow.

Point I'm making...........it isn't the site in isolation that gives rise to issues.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 03:32 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
you are correct, i fly the shuriken and extra alot and they do just fine, but when testing the t28 i found quite a few. also found them with the apprentice, and one other tricycle geared plane. i did notice the start position affected the spitfire also. it was the only other warbird i tried on that field.

all in all, it is a very nice field to fly at. the lighting and surroundings are very good. if the runway was grass instead of asphalt it would be like a normal club field!! i was expecting the asphalt to be a smooth surface much like the other ones on the sim.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:29 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead5150 View Post
you are correct, i fly the shuriken and extra alot and they do just fine, but when testing the t28 i found quite a few. also found them with the apprentice, and one other tricycle geared plane. .
Thanks a lot.

My statement: the bug is not my fault, this is a Phoenix feature.

The most favourite flying site is Moscow among „multiplayer” users. I was always wondering why.

My answer is the existence of a concrete runway, because otherwise the environment is not very nice, and the quality of the panorama is not too good.

The facts are the following:

1. As I said this effect was discovered by EPPforFUN testing Huntsville by „Hype RC U Can Fly”

2. I have tested Moscow using T-28, it is perfect.

3. At Huntsville near to start position the ground is a smooth (no other objects near). This is a h-map, material of which is „concrete”

4. I replaced the material to "grass” the effect is the same.

5. What can be the difference?

6. I have inserted a "plane” over the h-map, it is perfect if the material is grass or concrete.

7. You have the PXQ. You can control this.

My observations are showing that the surface of a h-map is not processed properly, or this can not be done at all.

The h-map can be large, in this case between grid lines the motion of T-28 is smooth. It is stucking along the lines.
If h-map is small the grid lines are near, the stucking is more probable.
Last edited by lcsaba; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:51 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
I have made a new version.
At the centre of the runway there is a 20 meters long (10 m both sides) "plane", surface is concrete.
The new PXF and PXQ can be downloaded.
Please check it.
Last edited by lcsaba; Jan 24, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 01:52 PM
Bromley, England
Joined Nov 2006
372 Posts
Thanks!

I am away from my Phoenix computer for a few days but will try as soon as possible.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:06 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
How do you contact Phoenix? I would like find out if they ever plan on fixing the Blade 130X model in the sim. It has constant forward cyclic input and/or a messed up center of gravity.

The 300X seems to fly fine, but the actual model itself wobbles in flight.
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:19 AM
Joined Jun 2007
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphro View Post
How do you contact Phoenix? I would like find out if they ever plan on fixing the Blade 130X model in the sim. It has constant forward cyclic input and/or a messed up center of gravity.

The 300X seems to fly fine, but the actual model itself wobbles in flight.
support@phoenix-sim.com, the e-mail address.
My last e-mail dated 31.07.2012, no response so far.
Good luck.