HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2013, 07:24 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly View Post
can't you solder it back?
No contacts..otherwise would have already done that.
fletch is offline Find More Posts by fletch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 05:10 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Does anyone from FMA know the part number for the jack on the MPA board ? Progressive said they would knock $10 off but I would really like this fixed and don't mind fixing it myself if I knew where I could get the part.

It's a minor thing i know, but having a brand new thing broken out of the box is a bummer.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 07:27 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,014 Posts
What about having Progressive swap the board out?
Gregor99 is online now Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:05 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
What about having Progressive swap the board out?
They offered to knock 10 off the price that's all.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:26 AM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
404 Posts
It's a vertical dc power jack, There's a large range to choose from though due to pin layout and adaptor size.
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Jul 13, 2013, 04:26 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
It's a vertical dc power jack, There's a large range to choose from though due to pin layout and adaptor size.
Does FMA carry them? I can't be the only one with this problem- and according to Progressive, I am not.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:54 PM
Joined Dec 2009
160 Posts
hi,
i saw a video on youtube in which powerlab8 shows the charge percentage of each cell. i mean, instead of showing the overall pack charge % only, it shows the individual charge percentage of each cell. just like the voltage and resistance are shown. for example:

1-95% 2-94% 3-95%

i can't find this video anymore. does someone know how to activate this feature? it doesn't seem to be a default option.
thanks.
Can'tFly is online now Find More Posts by Can'tFly
Last edited by Can'tFly; Jul 13, 2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:55 PM
Collierville, TN
Joined Aug 2003
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly View Post
hi,
i saw a video on youtube in which powerlab8 shows each cell charge percentage. i mean, instead of showing the overall pack charge % only, it shows the individual charge percentage of each cell. just like the voltage and resistance are shown. for example:

1-95% 2-94% 3-95%

i can't find this video anymore. does someone know how to activate this feature? it doesn't seem to be a default option.
thanks.
Are you sure you're not thinking of "cell bypass" percentage? Totally different animal.
klhoard is offline Find More Posts by klhoard
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:02 PM
Expo/DualRates = Lack of Skill
San Diego, CA
Joined Mar 2009
789 Posts
It's cell bypass. Individual cell charge level would only be approximate, being based on cell voltage, and individual cell voltage is already displayed.
typeRA is online now Find More Posts by typeRA
Old Jul 13, 2013, 06:40 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletch View Post
Does FMA carry them? I can't be the only one with this problem- and according to Progressive, I am not.
Are you actually planning on using the DC power jack? If it were me, I'd just make an adapter to connect one of the main leads to my TX and be done with it.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Jul 13, 2013, 08:26 PM
Michael
United States, ME, Wells
Joined May 2008
912 Posts
My Workaround

That is exactly what I did with the board that has the DC power jack missing. IMHO, no biggie.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
Are you actually planning on using the DC power jack? If it were me, I'd just make an adapter to connect one of the main leads to my TX and be done with it.
Snowflake6515 is online now Find More Posts by Snowflake6515
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:25 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515 View Post
That is exactly what I did with the board that has the DC power jack missing. IMHO, no biggie.

Michael
Those DC power plugs are a PITA. I avoid them whenever possible and use Powerpole connectors where ever possible. I've always made up short leads, 5-6", with a Powerpole on one end and the application specific connector on the other. Because of this I can easily use these leads with any charger. I'm still using leads some I made almost 15 years ago.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:20 PM
Gulf Coast
Joined Nov 2002
348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic View Post
Well I want to cycle my tx packs / non lipo's- that is what I had hoped to use it for and have a HT (ham radio) nicad as well.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 05:55 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,374 Posts
Quote:
Well I want to cycle my tx packs / non lipo's- that is what I had hoped to use it for and have a HT (ham radio) nicad as well.
Why not just pull power off one of the other six outputs on the board?
Old Jul 15, 2013, 08:58 AM
Joined Jan 2002
88 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone from FMA know the part number for the jack on the MPA board ? Progressive said they would knock $10 off but I would really like this fixed and don't mind fixing it myself if I knew where I could get the part.

It's a minor thing i know, but having a brand new thing broken out of the box is a bummer.
Hi Fletch,

I could get the manufacturer's part number but the part would have to be shipped from Singapore where our manufacturing partner is located. I would prefer to just swap the damaged unit for a new unit. We can issue an RA no. and take care of this directly through FMA. Please e-mail cindy@fmadirect.com to make the arrangement.

Regards,
Jamie Marks
FMA Direct
Jamie Marks is offline Find More Posts by Jamie Marks