Www.fancyfoam.com
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2014, 08:37 PM
Semper Fragosus
United States, IL, Lindenhurst
Joined May 2012
109 Posts
Yes, this is a good first plane. It is very forgiving and survives more than a few crashes without damage.

My suggestion is that you just order the kit from Mike. But if you are intent on cutting it - - -

As far as the plan. There is a one-page full plan on the first page of this thread which if printed at full size will give you the correct size for everything. There is a scale on that page and as long as that prints out at the correct size - 6 inches if I recall, everything will be the correct size. One tricky part is the wing which has to be printed twice and cut and then taped together to give the correct wing size template. The other thing is that some of the fuselage needs to be cut into separate parts. I am attaching a drawing in which I traced the parts that need to be cut separately. The red outlined part is the upper rear vertical fuselage. The blue outline is the single sheet of vertical fuselage. The yellow outline - on the fuselage you need to cut two and put one on each side of the inner vertical fuselage. The yellow outline on the front of the wing is the wing doubler. I also outlined the single read horizontal fuselage in red which also needs to be cut as one piece.

I offer this because it wasn't clear to me when I first cut it out and had to redo some of the cuts.

I am curious about your saying that you convert it to another file type and have it laser cut. Do you get the foam laser cut, or do you get a laser cut sheet of balsa or some stiff material to make a guide for cutting the foam?

good luck,

Jack
jackcutrone is offline Find More Posts by jackcutrone
Last edited by jackcutrone; Apr 18, 2014 at 08:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:17 AM
Total Newbie
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Dec 2012
369 Posts
I cut the foam with laser itself,it's a paid service as I can't seem to be bothered cutting foam cuz I'm just too lazy
The laser cuts also provide for good accuracy making the fittings and ann better

As long as there will be cutters for me,I shall build
jkishan16 is offline Find More Posts by jkishan16